kvak wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:00 am
Non-linear Kalman Filter for MT4 with Step function
Here is nonlinear kalman filter from Mladens MT5 version.
Updated with step function.....There are several method how calculate step....
Arrows, alerts and button....
The description by John Ehlers
Settings to try
- Take EMA of price (better, a 3 Pole filter).
- Take the difference (delta) between Price and its EMA.
- Take an EMA of delta (or a 3 Pole filter):
- Smoothing will help reduce whipsaws.
- Ideally, smoothing introduces no major trend mode lag because delta is detrended.
- Add the smoothed delta to EMA for a zero lag curve.
- Add 2*(smoothed delta) to EMA for a smoother predictive line.
- Filter Order: First Order (EMA)
- Fast Filter Period: 14
- Pre-smoothing Period: 3
- MA Type: Linear Weighted MA
- Step calculate on: EMA Deviation
- Step size: 100.0
- Calculation period of Step: 51.0
Dear KVak and MrTools,
just an idea of mine, I was reading through the description of Kalman Filter and its benefits, I would like to seek your expertise if you can create a 3xKalman Filter cross with Candles/Button function. Something like below screenshot of 3xMA.
Preferably with the option of Neutral Candles (Need to wait for Fast to cross both Medium and Slow lines).
If this can be created, it might lead to some very interesting result, as I see there is potential for the crosses to highlight certain hidden weak/strong swings in the market.
Thanks and much appreciated