Re: Step Indicators for MT4

talaate wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:03 am ho mrtools
This hist version does not give same results as the the one you recently published "! step nema (mtf + alerts + arrows + bands + btn).exe", I tried to adjust the setting as possible as I can, but I got the shown results. I hope I did not make any mistake

Made a histo out of the last version, looks good now.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫, thomdel, talaate, RodrigoRT7, pfxi

thomdel wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:57 am @ mrtools

Respected Sir,
If you think this will be beneficial then please have a look.

Colour Candles are pending in this :-- !Step ocn nma oma smoothed (alerts + arrows + btn)

( Please Note : another step ocn indi with T3 smoothed already has candles )

Thanks for your Generosity, Efforts, Time, support.
Thanks.
Candles added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 14):
Jedidiah, thomdel, kvak, 太虚一毫, josi, Jimmy, Milad8732, BeatlemaniaSA, talaate, Mundu19, RodrigoRT7, QSD, alexm, SijjiN

InfoRe: Step Indicators for MT4

Step Generalized Double DEMA (ATR based)

From Mladen:

Theory:

The double exponential moving average (DEMA), was developed by Patrick Mulloy in an attempt to reduce the amount of lag time found in traditional moving averages. It was first introduced in the February 1994 issue of the magazine Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities in Mulloy's article "Smoothing Data with Faster Moving Averages". The way to calculate is the following :

The Double Exponential Moving Average calculations are based combinations of a single EMA and double EMA into a new EMA:

1. Calculate EMA

2. Calculate Smoothed EMA by applying EMA with the same period to the EMA calculated in the first step

3. Calculate DEMA

DEMA = (2 * EMA) - (Smoothed EMA)

This version:

It is using Tim Tillsons (the inventor of T3) idea, and is using GDEMA of GDEMA for calculation (which is the "middle step" of T3 calculation). Since there are not versions showing that "middle step, this version covers that too. The result is smoother than Generalized DEMA, but is less smooth than T3 - one has to do some experimenting in order to find the optimal way to use it, but in any case, since it is "faster" than the T3 (Tim Tillson T3) and still smooth, it looks like a good compromise between speed and smoothness.

Usage:

You can use it as any regular average or you can use the color change of the indicator as a signal.

Translated it to mt4 and added the atr based step.

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:48 am The Double Exponential Moving Average calculations are based combinations of a single EMA and double EMA into a new EMA:
This one is another diamond indicator.......... good & i do notice it is working exceptionally nice on 15m charts.......... in fact lower tf seems to give better results on this indicator but i do not find adjusting Double DEMA volume factor does anything (yet) for it! Ok!

mrtools what is GENERALIZED mean pls??
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈