Re: Step Indicators for MT4

wojtek wrote:Do you mean the shift as in the attached indicator?
Hi wojtek
Thanks for taking time,yes you pick it exact
unfortunately the experiment got flopped badly,i shifted 3 bar back and it was looking pretty (first upper picture) as every body analyses on back test or on demo but fail in live,same with me
when i figure out how it will be work actually i noticed till arrows prints on 3 bar back the price already gone ahead of 3 bar in real   (see in lower picture)
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Hi wojtek
Thanks for taking time,yes you pick it exact
unfortunately the experiment got flopped badly,i shifted 3 bar back and it was looking pretty (first upper picture) as every body analyses on back test or on demo but fail in live,same with me
when i figure out how it will be work actually i noticed till arrows prints on 3 bar back the price already gone ahead of 3 bar in real   (see in lower picture)
only 3 bars til Nirvana?

marwilli wrote:
hello mrtools,
i´ve test it in M1 chart.  Three supwindows, one in M1, one in M5 and one in M15 modus. I think it repaints 3 or 4 bars back.
I think so
Regards Markus
Markus, don't have the source code, but if you are talking about the M5 and M15 on a M1 chart, the M5 and M15 will repaint on a M1 chart until the M5 or M15 chart is complete, meaning for M5 on M1 chart it will take 5 M1 completed bars before it will not repaint and a M15 on a M1 chart it will take 15 M1 bars before it will not repaint. That is the natural nature of mtf indicators.

mrtools wrote:
Markus, don't have the source code, but if you are talking about the M5 and M15 on a M1 chart, the M5 and M15 will repaint on a M1 chart until the M5 or M15 chart is complete, meaning for M5 on M1 chart it will take 5 M1 completed bars before it will not repaint and a M15 on a M1 chart it will take 15 M1 bars before it will not repaint. That is the natural nature of mtf indicators.
hello mrtools.
thank you for this info. I was not aware of that.
Very good to know.
Regards Markus
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

wojtek wrote: I prepared a new subversion of StepMA pdf, with all the 22 prices added,
also independently to StepMA; additionally, a few (8) 'asymmetric' price
options can be chosen for PdfMA, as well as the two different ways of defining
'StepSize' (without and with ATR involved).  The way of choosing the eight
price options for the variable MaPriceFirstList is far from being elegant,
so our coders may propose a better one (and/or remove any possible coding errors).

If you find a particularly interesting setup, please share it with others in this thread.
I think StepMA indicators have a big potential to help us in trading.
The attached indicator is almost the same, but PdfMA is replaced by the set of 20 averages.
One of the pictures can be regarded as a kind of joke, 'the Art of Forex', or so... 
These users thanked the author wojtek for the post (total 4):
navid110, Thangarasu, RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy