Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Banzai wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Which Moving Average is the Best for Forex Trading?

Coder: Toolkit for Traders
Released date: May 2nd, 2021

Uh, no source codes.
one thing that wasn't compared is the smoothing amount.
A MA with a period of 1 would fit the curve perfectly, so it is important to know what period was used, did he use the same period for all of the MAs? but the smoothing is different for each MA, no matter what the period is...

Re: ALMA Crossover Strategy

kvak wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:12 am 2 almas with button.
Possible 3 type of displaying, candles, lines or both. color changed when both almas is in one direction.

Respected Sir,

It will be really super cool if you can create & share :--
" 2 Low Filter version : without Button "
& " 2 Low Filter version BT : with Button "
( 2 Low Pass Filter avgs + coloured candles )

( you have created similar logic Indis : " 2xALMA : without Buttons " & " 2 ALMA + candles BT " )

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Edit : Sir, The new attached file has : ColorBarBack Input option. ( Don't know whether this affects output or not )
( Don't know whether this input option is useful, diff files avail with 1 or 2 diff, don't know which one is the correct ver )

Banzai wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:36 pm Low Pass Filter

I was able to find a source code for Low Pass.

Coder: Igor
Released date: 2007

Attached is a template to show you how to make more than 1 button on the same chart.
Banzai's friend. My head is spinning - I don't understand. Explain, please, using a simple example "as they say - on the fingers" what is the difference between these indicators:
Low Pass Filter - ALMA Crossover Strategy.

What is "embedded in them - what kind of mathematics". At the moment I do not have access to the MT-4 platform and cannot compare.
Thank you in advance. :thumbup:

constbln wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:56 pm added some clound lines. for the alma crossover strategy. I´ll test it next week and if its good, i´ll let you know and upload the template.
backtest looks good.
looks excellent............. can u upload now so we can test with u?? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

constbln wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:56 pm added some clound lines. for the alma crossover strategy. I´ll test it next week and if its good, i´ll let you know and upload the template.
backtest looks good.
Looks great, imo these ichi clouds are nothing more then offset ribbons. Somewhat redundant when using the Alma crossover.

ALMA ATR Channel
The Arnaud Legoux Moving Average calculation is based on a weighted sum using a specified time period, the Gaussian filter offset and a standard deviation. As the average is applied from left to right and right to left, it creates a combo line that the standard deviation sharpens.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 6):
josi, rudiarius, Thangarasu, erynade, 太虚一毫, alexm