Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:20 am Think I did them but forgot to post, here's the version with the reentry alerts.
mrtools, i already try the upgrade version, but can you made another mod.
the reentry alert work on selected TF in indicator setting, but not when reentry arrow appear in lower TF in MTF mode, when in mtf mode the alert need to wait higher TF reentry arrow to appear and close.
can you made the reentry alert active every time reentry arrow appear and close in lower TF while using MTF mode, so it doesnt need to wait reentry arrow to appear and close in high TF
Attachments

ChartRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:56 pm 35 MA Squize MA Ed FLET color Mod nmc 1.1
Just one additional feature,it is user friendly by MLADEN
Hi mntiwana, just wondering if you could help to add Alert/Notification to the SquizeMA indicator when it's out of Squize, and also put a dot/arrow when it's out of squize, cos it's kind of difficult to see when the candles are close to each other.

Much appreciated!
These users thanked the author hunter_eye for the post (total 2):
ionone, Jedidiah

hunter_eye wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:56 pm Hi mntiwana, just wondering if you could help to add Alert/Notification to the SquizeMA indicator when it's out of Squize, and also put a dot/arrow when it's out of squize, cos it's kind of difficult to see when the candles are close to each other.

Much appreciated!

Not sure what is different between the versions haven't tested, but this one seems upgraded.

No alerts but if somebody does add them for you, it might as well be to the newer version.
These users thanked the author Chintzki for the post:
alexm

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 am This is Mladen's, Mcginley dynamic average filtered.
Using your "improved" formula I find it very hard to see any real advantages to using a "normal" EMA.
I compared it to EMA9 and EMA 36 and didn't find one better entry (but this may only be me).
So - for me - this quote - as yet? - doesn't ring true:
"Many traders consider the McGinley Dynamic indicator superior because it adjusts to the market speed shifts and acknowledges market acceleration and deceleration. As a result, the indicator projects smoother and more precise lines.
All-in-all the McGinley Dynamic tracks the market much better than moving averages. It generates clear and responsive data. The result is more comprehensive MA lines."

josi wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:41 pm Using your "improved" formula I find it very hard to see any real advantages to using a "normal" EMA.
I compared it to EMA9 and EMA 36 and didn't find one better entry (but this may only be me).
So - for me - this quote - as yet? - doesn't ring true:
"Many traders consider the McGinley Dynamic indicator superior because it adjusts to the market speed shifts and acknowledges market acceleration and deceleration. As a result, the indicator projects smoother and more precise lines.
All-in-all the McGinley Dynamic tracks the market much better than moving averages. It generates clear and responsive data. The result is more comprehensive MA lines."
Let me go over the code again, it's a very good possibility I didn't get the translation from mt5 to mt4 exactly right.

josi wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:07 am Sure thing. I am looking forward to whatever new insights you will create.
Thanks for your work.
Found an error i did when copied and pasted the line styles didn't change the indicator number, but for some reason it didn't really affect anything. Was reading what Mladen said about it and my understanding is the "improved" calculation actually makes it closer to an ema, where as before it was slower than both the sma and ema. So yea you're right it's very close to a Ema. Picture is using the improved calculation McGinley compared to Ema. If you don't mind me asking where was that quote from?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
josi, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah