Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Darks wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:09 am Here's a different take(adaptive method) on an already existing indicator. Results look so good at some places that it starts to give impression of an improvement although still far away from that. Image shows the comparison(between old(orange,aqua) & new(red,green) version) at default settings with T3 clean turned on.
What I like about this experiment is that you can watch the lines during a trend and can somewhat gauge when there's a turning point or when a trend is exhausting.

• When the lines begin to "pinch" take profit and exit trade
  • When the lines begin to "spread" this shows strong momentum and you can stay in the trade for more profit

And even though this can happen on many moving averages, this combination seems to work just a bit better. And it's Adaptive so it's good at filtering out the undesirable trades.

Thanks for this idea, here's the template for those who want to try Dark's idea out.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 13):
Patrick K, Kiwi, moey_dw, josi, marek111, Sutatong, kvak, mr12323, SBala, sander2765, Cazz223, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:31 pm
  • When the lines begin to "spread" this shows strong momentum and you can stay in the trade for more profit
GREAT WORK
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
marek111
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

What I like about this experiment is that you can watch the lines during a trend and can somewhat gauge when there's a turning point or when a trend is exhausting.
Could you tell us - i. e. people who don't use your tpl - the indicator's inputs
a) period
b) price
for both (faster and slower) instances of the indicator?

And even though this can happen on many moving averages, this combination seems to work just a bit better. And it's Adaptive so it's good at filtering out the undesirable trades.

Thanks for this idea, here's the template for those who want to try Dark's idea out.
I was honestly just comparing the two adaptive systems but really glad you have developed a strategy based on it. What you are proposing could be translated into a percentage price oscillator using both averages. It would show how spread or squeezed the fast T3 is with respect to the slow T3 in percentage but not sure how good that would look. Have to build and see.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah

Darks wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:32 am Have to build and see.
MaxTorque wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 am Dear mrtools and all coders,

please, may I have an arrow when color changing ??!!

The arrows should have flexibel Gap.

Thank you very much in advance and greetings.

MaxTorque
Arrows added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
MaxTorque, pipsquirrel, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

So it seems that anything that can reflect trend and oscillates between 0 to 1 (or can be normalized to fit that range) can be used as an gain factor for constructing corrected average. This version is using the RSI indicator to calculate the gain for cma.

PS: For the settings used on the Daily Downloads screenshot, see here: Corrected Moving Averages RSI Settings for MT4.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 10):
mosape, rudiarius, Jimmy, moey_dw, Mundu19, Thangarasu, meda, pipsquirrel, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah