Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:22 pm One of my personal favorites was the FRAMA Ribbon coded by Mladen for MT4 which comes with (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe mode + Interpolation & Alerts :)
I've searched high and wide for this one on our forum but had no luck (unless it's named differently somewhere) so I'll post it here.

The FRAMA (Fractal Adaptive Moving Average) is an adaptive moving average that was developed by John Ehlers and attempts to follow significant price moves closely while remaining "flat" during consolidation and price ranges.
An advantage of the FRAMA is that it takes into account that markets are fractal and the FRAMA will dynamically adjust the lookback period based on this fractal geometry.

In short, it's a solid trend-trading indicator which helps analysts filter out consolidation periods and encourages traders to enter during trending markets.
amazing indi !! thanks a lot
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, Cazz223, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah

This is an code I had meant to post up a while ago which I couldn't find on our site called the Regularized EMA. It was made by Mladen which he kindly added the (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation & Alerts.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

The Corrected Averages (also known as the Optimal Moving Average) was created by Dr. A Uhl and coded by Mladen for MT4.

Mladen's versions of this indicator are high-quality, non-repainting codes that are ideal for trend trading and catching those significant swings in the market.

What I particularly like about Mladen's versions is that they allow beginner traders to comfortably trade trends by simply waiting for crossovers. Making this tool a good starting point for any new trader who is looking for a reliable non-repainting Moving Average to start making profit with.

This final version by Mladen (Version 2.6) comes with a host of options including (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Double Smoothed Average Options, Alerts, Custom Time Frame MTF + much more.

Corrected Average indicator by A.Uhl (also known as the "Optimal Moving Average").

The strengths of the corrected Average (CA) is that the current value of the time series must exceed a the current volatility-dependent threshold, so that the filter increases or falls, avoiding false signals in trend is weak phase. - by Prof. A.Uhl -
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
ionone, mtp, Bob Loblaw, alexm, 太虚一毫
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

This is an interesting one from our archives which I thought should be in here - the TWAP (Time Weighted Average Price) by Mladen.

As explained by Mladen:
This would be the time weighted average price (a kind of a moving average).

The description used is the following :

The Time-Weighted Average Price (TWAP) is defined as the average price of a security over the course of a specified period of time. The TWAP is traditionally calculated by first averaging the open, high, low, and close prices for each bar and then calculating the average of those averages as time progresses.
It depends on the time frame used, but it is not a multi time frame indicator. What it does is the following

• It checks if a new period begins
  • If it does, then it resets the calculation period to 1.
  • After that with each bar passed, the calculating period is increased by 1 until a new reset is found

So, if you use current time frame, that is simply drawing the price line on the chart. To have some effective calculation, any higher time frame must be used. Usually daily time frame is used for this indicator.

Also, this indicator can calculate all the time frames supported by Metatrader 5 (this is Metatrader 4 indicator), so time frame like 2,3,6 hours and so on are supported too.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
rudiarius, lonebladeRGC, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, alexm, ujtrader, Leoparderic48

Moving AveragesRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Super Smoothed Averages Trend

Here is the highly accurate Super Smoothed Average Trend by Mladen for MT4 which is one of our favorite Moving Average style indicators from Mladen.

This version includes (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Alerts, Shadow Option & more.

Additional information and links:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
talaate, Bob Loblaw, schemman, chakweshad, Dego, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

mladen wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:07 am

Here is this version - it has all the 38 types of averages included. it is multi time frame and it has the usual set of alerts added

bb stops.png
Hello, thanks for all your work you are greatly appreciated! If you have it could you please post a link to a version of BBstops that uses the Jurik moving average? I saw it in a forum post the other day but after searching through bollinger band indicators, moving average and the jurik indicators threads the only version i can find is the averages version which doesn't include JMA in the average types. thanks

JPeps wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 am

Hello, thanks for all your work you are greatly appreciated! If you have it could you please post a link to a version of BBstops that uses the Jurik moving average? I saw it in a forum post the other day but after searching through bollinger band indicators, moving average and the jurik indicators threads the only version i can find is the averages version which doesn't include JMA in the average types. thanks
In the averages version an average called smoother is jurik, without the phase.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

This type of Moving Average has been included in many of the "Averages" versions of the indicators by Mrtools & Mladen but for those who want the standalone version I'll post it here :)

This is the eVWMA (Elastic Volume Weighted Moving Average) which was kindly coded by Mladen for MT4. Mladen also included (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe + Interpolation.

In short, the Elastic Volume Weighted Moving Average is a trend indicator that uses average volume in its moving average calculation.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 8):
FBI, ionone, Bob Loblaw, AnCapFX, RodrigoRT7, alexm, Lightningstorm7, Chickenspicy

Here is the Guppy Fan Moving Average which was optimized by Mladen for MT4 (according to our archive notes). It's nice and lightweight and does not cause any CPU slowdown or stuttering.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
ionone, Bob Loblaw

Here is the McGinley Dynamic Moving Average coded by Mladen.
It is the last version I could find in our archives. Although it's a standalone indicator, it may be a good starting point for others who are interested in testing or developing an upgrade for it.

Mladen coded this version to use this formula:

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
FBI, rudiarius, ionone