Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

wojtek wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:47 am

Thank you! :) I meant prices, as you requested previously. :)

Unfortunately, the compiled code can be obsolete for some future
version of MQ4 (or MQ5 when MQ4 will no longer be supported),
as it happened a few times in the past. Personally, I don't use any
of the indicators available in the compiled version only...
We have the similar personalities :) . But I must add that coders are doing great work and they must be thanked for giving back to the community.
These users thanked the author appsoluxions for the post:
wojtek

mrtools wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:18 pm This is Nema mtf with levels, the nema coloring is based on the level crosses. Indicator is mtf with alerts on color change and also is filtered.

For an explanation on Nema from Mladen:::

NEMA indicator - that calculates depth (offspring) of EMA of arbitrary "depth".

Nema can calculate all the known variations (offspring) of EMA : EMA, DEMA, TEMA, ... DecEMA, ... and so on, up to "levels" or "depth" 50 (whatever name it would be)

Some known depths :

1 -> EMA
2 -> DEMA
3 -> TEMA
10 -> DecEMA
50 -> the maximal depth calculated by this indicator
If the depth is set to 1, NEMA is equal to EMA, for depth 2 it is equal to DEMA, for depth 3 it is equal to TEMA and so on ..., up to depth 50. In any case, depths over 40 are — due to the way how internal calculation is done, are losing precision too much and unlike the lower depths, should be used for with extreme care and with reserve. Also, as a deviation from EMA (and DEMA and TEMA...) this indicator allows fractional period for calculation (there is no reason whatsoever why any EMA-type indicator should use only integer bound calculation period)
Forgive me the noob questions, if already answered: In your experience, works better in H1, H4, D1? Where do you set the SL?

cheers

Krelian99 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm Compiled files run always on higher builds. On lower builds IDK, never tried an after build 600 compiled file on a before build 600 MT4. For the future there are no issues to expect since there are no more builds to come.
Some time ago there were troubles with older ex4's not working properly for newer builds, as far as I remember(?)
If there will be no new builds, doesn't it mean that MQ4 will no longer be supported soon?
(this is not a rhetorical question, simply I don't know...)

wojtek wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am Some time ago there were troubles with older ex4's not working properly for newer builds, as far as I remember(?)
If there will be no new builds, doesn't it mean that MQ4 will no longer be supported soon?
(this is not a rhetorical question, simply I don't know...)
I don't remember anything like that. Do you mean the compiling bug? MetaQuotes doesn't sell new licenses for MT4 and when they run out...

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 pm

I don't remember anything like that. Do you mean the compiling bug? MetaQuotes doesn't sell new licenses for MT4 and when they run out...
Hi Tobi how are you - :)
Guys as for my little knowing,meta-quotes all efforts and tries towards MT5 since long many years,giving and offering many initiatives and concessions to brokers like less fee's for MT5 comparing to MT4 and so others - even no MT4 terminal download at/from meta-quotes (mql5) site ,only from brokers sites - all brokers only facilitating (download) latest MT4 terminal and so all indicators (old/new) of mt4 ONLY will be usable that are compatible with latest mt4 - and meta-quotes did so many other tricks to convert users
The reason why users are/were not much interested and migrating to MT5 - only the huge stuff and a tremendous variety of MT4 tools,spread every where and also MT4 coding skill (coders) every where comparing to MT5
so for now meta quotes think of this reason and offered reasonable attractions to coders to work for MT5 stuff on priority bases - so you can see a FLOOD of MT5 codes is coming continuously these days to fill the gap in between and lessen the compititive difference regarding mt4/5 stuff
As in pictures long lists of mt5 stuff is being added as fast as possible
And why MT4 terminal is not banned completely till now - before a reasonable majority of MT4 users migrate to and adapt MT5,if MT4 is completily stopped with out as best as possible suitable alternative in shape of MT5 along with sufficient in numbers and variety MT5 stuff,the users will be run out to other Platforms and this meta-quotes do not like at all,to loose its worth and monopoly that he earned in since last 20 years,it is same like to kill him self

If you old TSD members and users remember exact - it was a planed and menufactured scheme how to demolish tsd and technicaly force coders to stop coding mt4 stuff any more - which was the only and standalone independant site at time,providing top best quality variety mt4 stuff to users and keeping them interested and attractive towards mt4 terminal,so it was bought at first then start ignoring,technicla handling and discouraging responsible persons (coders),were working for tsd - so it was the only and simply a desire and trick behind the door to convert users towards MT5
as per my rough guessing 2020 seems the end line for MT4 with a period of year and half (a little +/-) - whole mt4 stuff including mt4 terminal will be out dated along with coders and sites based on only Mt4 topic,atleast cercumstances telling like this,let us see what come next and who will be here to see
it is more to write on this topic but - :)
Attachments
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Krelian99
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 am
Hi Tobi how are you - :)
Guys as for my little knowing,meta-quotes all efforts and tries towards MT5 since long many years,giving and offering many initiatives and concessions to brokers like less fee's for MT5 comparing to MT4 and so others - even no MT4 terminal download at/from meta-quotes (mql5) site ,only from brokers sites - all brokers only facilitating (download) latest MT4 terminal and so all indicators (old/new) of mt4 ONLY will be usable that are compatible with latest mt4 - and meta-quotes did so many other tricks to convert users
The reason why users are/were not much interested and migrating to MT5 - only the huge stuff and a tremendous variety of MT4 tools,spread every where and also MT4 coding skill (coders) every where comparing to MT5
so for now meta quotes think of this reason and offered reasonable attractions to coders to work for MT5 stuff on priority bases - so you can see a FLOOD of MT5 codes is coming continuously these days to fill the gap in between and lessen the compititive difference regarding mt4/5 stuff
As in pictures long lists of mt5 stuff is being added as fast as possible
And why MT4 terminal is not banned completely till now - before a reasonable majority of MT4 users migrate to and adapt MT5,if MT4 is completily stopped with out as best as possible suitable alternative in shape of MT5 along with sufficient in numbers and variety MT5 stuff,the users will be run out to other Platforms and this meta-quotes do not like at all,to loose its worth and monopoly that he earned in since last 20 years,it is same like to kill him self

If you old TSD members and users remember exact - it was a planed and menufactured scheme how to demolish tsd and technicaly force coders to stop coding mt4 stuff any more - which was the only and standalone independant site at time,providing top best quality variety mt4 stuff to users and keeping them interested and attractive towards mt4 terminal,so it was bought at first then start ignoring,technicla handling and discouraging responsible persons (coders),were working for tsd - so it was the only and simply a desire and trick behind the door to convert users towards MT5
as per my rough guessing 2020 seems the end line for MT4 with a period of year and half (a little +/-) - whole mt4 stuff including mt4 terminal will be out dated along with coders and sites based on only Mt4 topic,atleast cercumstances telling like this,let us see what come next and who will be here to see
it is more to write on this topic but - :)
Interesting. Off topic a bit, @Mntiwana - where do you subscribe for those CodeBase publications on the picture you posted? Thank you in advance.

wojtek wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am AFAIR, there were compiled indicators not working for some new build(s),
but indeed there were few such cases, so they can be regarded as
an exception rather than a rule, that's right...
Yes, the latest compiler has a bug. All earlier versions haven't and all older .ex4-files can be used without constrictions.
mntiwana wrote:Hi Tobi how are you - :)
Good, I guess. I hope you're fine as well.