Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm
ALF stands Adaptive Laguerre Filter,and there are already so many versions of it - and then you have to invest some time experimenting to know/adjust which setting could be equal to what you are trying to find
Thank you for the quick response. I will have to play around and see what I can get figured out. I am thinking the ADXVMA is looking pretty nice right now.

On a side note , Just yesterday I have found an issue with the Averages mtf 9.0 bands. Figured y'all would wanna know.

I think possibly the Confidence bands are doing the same thing

JADragon3 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I will have to play around and see what I can get figured out. I am thinking the ADXVMA is looking pretty nice right now.

On a side note , Just yesterday I have found an issue with the Averages mtf 9.0 bands. Figured y'all would wanna know.

I think possibly the Confidence bands are doing the same thing
Would you like explain at which specific setting you find some thing abnormal,as it is working perfect with default with me
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

scarletPip wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 am JADragon3,
It's not clear just from these images what the problem might be. Can you explain using words or add markings to the charts?
BLUE and RED Averages 8.8 is set at Daily timeframe (5) Close ADXvma Quadratic interpolation
DeepSkyBlue and SandyBrown Averages 9.0 is set at Daily timeframe (5) Close ADXvma Quadratic interpolation

All other settings are on default

The Averages Envelopes 9.0 was working exactly the same as the Averages 8.8 a couple of weeks back. And now for some reason , it seems to have a interpolation issue.

Does this make it a little more clear ?
Attachments

JADragon3 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am

BLUE and RED Averages 8.8 is set at Daily timeframe (5) Close ADXvma Quadratic interpolation
DeepSkyBlue and SandyBrown Averages 9.0 is set at Daily timeframe (5) Close ADXvma Quadratic interpolation

All other settings are on default

The Averages Envelopes 9.0 was working exactly the same as the Averages 8.8 a couple of weeks back. And now for some reason , it seems to have a interpolation issue.

Does this make it a little more clear ?
As for versions "averages - mtf - alerts 8.8" and "averages - mtf - alerts 9.0" i dont find any abnormal behave by both indicators,they are exactly same and doing perfect as these supposed to be do,in posted picture one indicator with 6 period on purpose and the other 5 period,if i apply both on same period,one goes behind (invisible),showing single line
then,yes when we apply "averages - mtf - alerts - envelopes 9.0" with same attributes with same TF,it working differently - with out going into mtf matter (so here do not needs what interpolation method used) as seen with lime/magenta line (averages - mtf - alerts - envelopes 9.0) in picture 3 lowest one
may be experts can better check and explains as scarletpip suggested
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.