Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mladen wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:58 am I am afraid that now I do not understand anything ;(
Dear Mladen,
I really thank you for your attention and deep approach to everything ... From the other hand you have to excuse me due to my concentrate expressed thinking ...
The entire and detailed logic derives from the necessity to "count" ... I would like to "possibly count" the Entering Long and Entering Short points of "system X" ... afterwords to "count" the winning positions separately for each side (Long and Short) ... and finally if it could be possible to count the "max number of continuous lost trades" ... I think that this way we could have a fast enough "handy Tester" which could give the first idea of what is going on with "system X" ...
Now coming back to my initial request looking for an indicator that is "counting" separately the UP Crossing and Down Crossing of two Moving Averages, it is to find the first part of the "counter" i am looking for ... because the Cross UP and Cross Down points can also considered as Signals of a system ... If now we can count how many of them are giving a Profit of "a" pips or points, from the following, the signal, bars ... we would have our next data ... so up to now we would have the "Trades separately" and how many of them were profitable ... and if finally we could "count the consecutive lost trades" it would give us the max draw down of our system ...
This is the non entirely expressed thinking ....
Thank you for your patience and understanding .... Sorry for my late reply ...
Best Regards
Dimitri

Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Dimitri wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:18 am Dear Mladen,
I really thank you for your attention and deep approach to everything ... From the other hand you have to excuse me due to my concentrate expressed thinking ...
The entire and detailed logic derives from the necessity to "count" ... I would like to "possibly count" the Entering Long and Entering Short points of "system X" ... afterwords to "count" the winning positions separately for each side (Long and Short) ... and finally if it could be possible to count the "max number of continuous lost trades" ... I think that this way we could have a fast enough "handy Tester" which could give the first idea of what is going on with "system X" ...
Now coming back to my initial request looking for an indicator that is "counting" separately the UP Crossing and Down Crossing of two Moving Averages, it is to find the first part of the "counter" i am looking for ... because the Cross UP and Cross Down points can also considered as Signals of a system ... If now we can count how many of them are giving a Profit of "a" pips or points, from the following, the signal, bars ... we would have our next data ... so up to now we would have the "Trades separately" and how many of them were profitable ... and if finally we could "count the consecutive lost trades" it would give us the max draw down of our system ...
This is the non entirely expressed thinking ....
Thank you for your patience and understanding .... Sorry for my late reply ...
Best Regards
Dimitri
Dimitri

Why not using some simple EA for that?
I mean the stats from a test like that would give a lot of information not available otherwise