Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

talaate wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 pm Hi mladen
Is it possible for such indicator to add filtering + smoothing degree
Talaat E

Since confidence bands are a sort of a filter here is a version that has an option to have double smoothed averages. Did not add filter since I think it would be filtering the filter in this case

These users thanked the author mladen for the post:
Jedidiah

mladen wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:25 am Talaat E

Since confidence bands are a sort of a filter here is a version that has an option to have double smoothed averages. Did not add filter since I think it would be filtering the filter in this case

averages confidence bands.png
Hi mladen
Yes, of course, ds is fairly enough.
Hope in the future, you may add MTF and alerts in the condition of indicator color changing
With my regards & Happy nice weekend

mladen wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:08 pm You cannot duplicate the Hurst Future Line of Demarcation with an average
I'm sure you must be right, but can you explain why not? I received this advice at a Hurst Cycles forum from a long-time member.
"Just use a 1 period simple moving average of the mean and set it forward whatever your FLD number is."

And here is a definition from David Hickson, well known in Hurst circles.

"An FLD is a line that is plotted on the same scale as the price and is in fact the price itself displaced to the right (into the future) by (approximately) half the wavelength of the cycle for which the FLD is plotted."

So a 1 period MA wold be the price itself, no? Shifting it by the desired amount (half the cycle length - which I calculate using goertzel) and then I just need an alert to let me know a crossing is imminent.

I am very grateful for anything you can add to this.

talaate wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:59 am Hi mladen
Yes, of course, ds is fairly enough.
Hope in the future, you may add MTF and alerts in the condition of indicator color changing
With my regards & Happy nice weekend
Talaat E

Here is a multi time frame version with alerts added

These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, Jedidiah

Averages Channel Candles + alerts
Though some latest versions already posted on the thread but posting its first version in regards why and how was invented

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.