Re: Simple Expert Advisors (EA's) for MT4

Does anyone know about an EA that opens trades after MA-touch?
Price touches from below MA: sell
Price touches from above MA: buy
Nothing fancy, certainly no Martingale.

Just the normal input for:
MagicNumber
Number of trades allowed
Lotsize (a fixed lotsize, b risk percentage)
Take profit in pips
Stop loss in pips
Trailing in pips
Inputs for MA:
Timeframe
MA_period
MA_shift
Applied_price
MA_method

Any help is appreciated...

josi wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:53 pm Does anyone know about an EA that opens trades after MA-touch?
Price touches from below MA: sell
Price touches from above MA: buy
Nothing fancy, certainly no Martingale.

Just the normal input for:
MagicNumber
Number of trades allowed
Lotsize (a fixed lotsize, b risk percentage)
Take profit in pips
Stop loss in pips
Trailing in pips
Inputs for MA:
Timeframe
MA_period
MA_shift
Applied_price
MA_method

Any help is appreciated...
Josi,

You might take a look at the Trend Trader EA from Expert4x. It has the capabilities that you mention.
These users thanked the author Umberleigh for the post:
josi

Got these from another forum, one is vertical the other is horizontal uses button for your trade choices, you manually enter a trade and go from there, would advise to use on demo until familiar with it. You will need the include file to be posted in your mt4/experts/include folder for everything to work.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
MaxTorque, marwilli, kvak, simon_n3z, 太虚一毫, matfx

mrtools wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:54 pm Got these from another forum, one is vertical the other is horizontal uses button for your trade choices, you manually enter a trade and go from there, would advise to use on demo until familiar with it. You will need the include file to be posted in your mt4/experts/include folder for everything to work.
I´ve modified it line 154
now it run with indices too

Code: Select all

if(Digits == 1 ) {bPoint = 0.1;  bPip = 1.00;}
   else if(Digits == 2 ) {bPoint = 0.01;  bPip = 0.10;}
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 4):
kvak, excellence, matfx, SijjiN
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

Hello!

Why all the simple EAs that I am testing and that are shared here, instead of gaining, are losing little by little? Look at the typical chart I always get.

I would like to know where I am making mistakes. Maybe I have to configure them in some special way? I don't understand.

Or maybe I should try some others that work better?

I would appreciate it if you could explain to me how to use them please.. :D
Attachments

pin12 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:36 am Hello!

Why all the simple EAs that I am testing and that are shared here, instead of gaining, are losing little by little? Look at the typical chart I always get.

I would like to know where I am making mistakes. Maybe I have to configure them in some special way? I don't understand.

Or maybe I should try some others that work better?

I would appreciate it if you could explain to me how to use them please.. :D
hello again mate

with moving average cross ea’s, you will find they work out great in trending markets, however in range bound/choppy markets, you will find yourself constantly hitting losses, breakevens etc, wiping out practically any profit, they may seem like only small losses, however they definitely add up and slowly eat away at your capital, having 10 or more small losing trades in a row, in the hope of finding a big trend, isn’t the best idea.

if you feel you want to stick with your moving average cross strategy, i would suggest looking back in history and seeing what times during the trading day you typically see the best results, whether it would be london, new york etc. and limit your self to trading in those sessions, to avoid any chop/range bound price action during low volume sessions. however that’s not to say that there will be big trends every session every day. but it will definitely give you a starting point. look at what moving average fits your trading style best. then you could look at adding a trailing stop to your positions, as in the photo you shared, you can see that in a few trades, the trade went in your favour, however swiftly came back down from being in profit, to resulting in a loss. however with a trailing stop function, this maybe wouldn’t be the case.

just some words of advice mate, but have a play about with it and see what works best for you!

all the best mate

Hello

This is a robot based on the price border channel.

I don't know if it is very well done but it shows an ascending graph that shows profitability.

Would it be possible to create a profitable robot based on the same or similar channel?

The advantage of a narrow channel is that a robot would not leave too many negative trades behind, which is what usually burns an account. That is the most important thing in a robot, that it maintains a narrow range of trades, if possible within a channel, so that it does not leave negative trades behind.

There is also another bot on the soehoe site where this video is shared:

pin12 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:03 am Hi..

I was looking at this EA and I found it interesting because of its data. I tried to test it but it doesn't load on the mt4 chart.

When compiling it, about 5 warnings appear, although it does not say that it has errors.

Could a programmer check what the problems are?, they don't seem to be serious

Removed the warnings.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
pin12, sal, ionone, Chickenspicy