Re: How good is static Support/Resistance?

SilverBB wrote:Hi,
Would you know if there are alternative indicators on Metatrader 4 or Metatrader 5 for something the same as TAS Tools BOXES which appear to be quite powerful for breakouts above or below, or for support and resistance and even the range bound motions?
Thanks
Sorry, never heard of TAS Tools BOXES until now. Looks like they are based on a daily market profile. You divide the chart in vertical areas (e.g. 5 or 10 pips - like renko) and the price or volume is horizontally accumulated over time. Where the current biggest sum is, is the middle line. The higher line is the highest Close and the lower line is the lowest Close of a time window. I don't really understand when a time window ends since they all differs in their length.
BTW, it first reminded me on Pivot points, but they are clearly different.

Here is my working chart with S/R zones of GBPAUD H4.
It's homework you have to do for every pair you want to trade but you can use these zones for a very long time when market moves sideway. Low prices attracts buyers and high prices sellers. Since humans like numbers chart key points are often searched in history and this forms areas.
When the market enters these areas and bounces off immediately producing long wicks it means an aggressive trader from another timeframe entered the market. It's a good hint something has changed and that you should reposition yourself unless you want to be a straggler. The more long wicks in a row the (exponentially) stronger the sign of a change - sometimes it looks like a beard. If you need an indicator use a momentum indicator or Fibo levels.
Don't forget, trading is simple, not easy.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
Chickenspicy

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:36 pm Here is my working chart with S/R zones of GBPAUD H4.
It's homework you have to do for every pair you want to trade but you can use these zones for a very long time when market moves sideway. Low prices attracts buyers and high prices sellers. Since humans like numbers chart key points are often searched in history and this forms areas.
When the market enters these areas and bounces off immediately producing long wicks it means an aggressive trader from another timeframe entered the market. It's a good hint something has changed and that you should reposition yourself unless you want to be a straggler. The more long wicks in a row the (exponentially) stronger the sign of a change - sometimes it looks like a beard. If you need an indicator use a momentum indicator or Fibo levels.

Don't forget, trading is simple, not easy.
Tobi
You are right,it is simple but not easy conditionally when you invest time and know it
thanks for your worthy contributions mate
previous avatar was looking well but as to me :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.