Re: Laguerre PPO (Percentage Price Oscillator) Reversal Indicator MT4

Jimmy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 pm Hi Traders,Please see attached for the latest version of Laguerre PPO which was coded by our very own Administrator Mladen.Features:Adjustable coloursAdjustable bar widthOrange and Green warn of a possible chance of reversalRed and Lime Green warn of an extreme chance of reversalAlertsTip: I have personally used this indicator for live counter-trend trading on the M15 charts in the past. It's a good indicator for beginners as beginners tend to counter-trend trade but rarely have success with traditional technical indicators such as the RSI and CCI.I have personally backtested the Lagguerre using 5 years of data and in 97% of trades entered on the extreme signals (Red and Lime Green), all followed through with the reversal (eventually) but on several occasions there were times that drawdown was for 24 hours and up to 100 pips+. So if you have the patience and you're not using huge leverage, this is a very solid indicator.
Did you use any additional indicator for finding the exact reversal point?
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

shaileshm wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Did you use any additional indicator for finding the exact reversal point?
No, back when I was using it for trading I only used the PPO as it is and traded the extreme overbought and oversold bars. But using an additional filter with the PPO would help you pin point better entries to reduce drawdown.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

IdeaRe: Laguerre PPO (Percentage Price Oscillator) Reversal Indicator MT4

Lagguerre PPO using Jurik (smoothed) MA

This is Mladen's laguerre ppo which was originally an idea from Jimmy in the Forex-TSD days: changed the regular ma's out with jurik moving average with adjustable phase.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 14):
society, Jimmy, reachme, moey_dw, rudiarius, gtudor, heispark, Mechkad, Lodi, redwed, simontw, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, Ricstar_8

LikeRe: Laguerre PPO (Percentage Price Oscillator) Reversal Indicator MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:40 am This is Mladen's laguerre ppo described here (http://www.prorealcode.com/prorealtime- ... s-bottoms/ ) changed the regular ma's out with jurik moving average.
What a great mod for one of the best Tops and Bottoms indicators for spot fx. Thanks Mrtools.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

mohamedelsiesy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:56 am This Jurik version is way better than standard laguerre ppo. if it isn't repaint could you please add alert on the extreme high and low?
Jurik Laguerre PPO with Alerts for Extreme Overbought & Oversold

It does not repaint. Added alerts.

These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
moey_dw, Jimmy, mohamedelsiesy, oskar656, Dego, A_5, RodrigoRT7, Ricstar_8, GraniteChief, Akela

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:02 am This is a mfi ppo seems ok, just not as smooth.
Thank you Mr Tools This is awesome! I think of the Mfi as Discounted Price if used in the right place , how did you get the calculations to work together with ppo & mfi?

The mfi reminds me of times & sales if there is 0 on bid & offer its a sign there is complete orrder
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters