Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

pail1217 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:48 pm Hi mr.tools a really great indicator that I would like to use more often. Unfortunately, the candle stick version is not usable for me, because I already use another indicator here and in the indicator window it is often not well recognizable at first glance what the indicator is currently showing. Would it be possible to get a histo version of the Donchian Channel? Many, many thanks in advance for your effort
What to base the histogram colors on?

Ooops, my bad now! I did not see that new entry on the inputs tab.

However, if I set it to false, it takes the same width for all four colors, still cannot change it manually to be a different width for within bands than outside bands as it used to be in the previous version. It is not such a big deal, but each new version should add new features, not take back already established features.

Could you please have it in mind if you happen to make further amendments, to see if when autowidth is set to off, if it is possible to set the width for each color separately on the Colors tab?
mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:40 am Have you tried it with autowidth = false?

chris006 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:01 am Ooops, my bad now! I did not see that new entry on the inputs tab.

However, if I set it to false, it takes the same width for all four colors, still cannot change it manually to be a different width for within bands than outside bands as it used to be in the previous version. It is not such a big deal, but each new version should add new features, not take back already established features.

Could you please have it in mind if you happen to make further amendments, to see if when autowidth is set to off, if it is possible to set the width for each color separately on the Colors tab?
Hopefully this is what you had in mind.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, chris006, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:56 am Something like this?
mr. tools can i ask you one more thing? The alarms are probably still set to the band, which makes sense if you also use the band as an indicator, but since only the histo version is used here and therefore only the buy/sell signals are relevant, it would be perfect if the alarms are only triggered when a buy/sell signal is generated. Here in the screenshot, the alarm probably refers to a different state of the band, but this cannot be derived from the histo version and is therefore actually irrelevant. The alarm is also triggered when a buy/sell signal is generated, but nothing exclusive in that case.
Attachments