Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Jackson Doh wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:58 pm Hi Yuri,
Thanks for sharing the Price Channel indicator.
I tried different settings and found 21 quite interesting.
I saw Mr Tools' upgrade which is cool, but it didn't quite hit my requirements so I've had a go at making some mods to your original.
I have added mid band colour change, alerts and on/off button. Sorry, no mtf or arrows.

I'm very much a novice coder. These mods all seem to work, although it's the first time I've got the colour change to work. I've compared it to both yours and Mr Tools versions and they completely align. Phew!

Price_Channel Alerts 1.1 BT.ex4
Thank you so much, Jackson Doh! The main thing for us is the timeliness of signals, but at the same time to exclude false entries. How to achieve this? I have defined for me a period of 52 because initially this indicator was coded, as MrTools told me, on the basis of the Ishimoku indicator, the classic parameters of which are 9, 26, 52. I am not a programmer and not a coder. How do I achieve the optimal values for this indicator? Maybe there is a possibility to attach some smoothing to this indicator))))
These users thanked the author Yuri_I for the post:
Jackson Doh

Jackson Doh wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:58 pm I tried different settings and found 21 quite interesting.
It depends on how you trade.
If you want to follow price closely - use 9 (but TL might be a better approach for that).
But if you want to see su&re and look for swings, 52 seems much more interesting than 21, I think.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Yuri_I, Jackson Doh

Yuri_I wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:13 pm Thank you so much, Jackson Doh! The main thing for us is the timeliness of signals, but at the same time to exclude false entries. How to achieve this? I have defined for me a period of 52 because initially this indicator was coded, as MrTools told me, on the basis of the Ishimoku indicator, the classic parameters of which are 9, 26, 52. I am not a programmer and not a coder. How do I achieve the optimal values for this indicator? Maybe there is a possibility to attach some smoothing to this indicator))))
Added a button and jurik pre smoothing.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 14):
kvak, Yuri_I, moey_dw, Jimmy, RplusT, trailingedge, Krunal Gajjar, Milad8732, michaelB, mecca, MaxTorque, alexm, Jedidiah, Akela

LikeRe: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Itsart3 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:34 pm Hello MrTools

Thank for your swift reply. I would like to appologize for not giving an accurate description of my request.

I am aware of the indicator known as the "Bollinger Band Squeeze". The indicator I am inquiring about is named "Bollinger Band Squeeze with MACD". Despite Their similar names, there is a big differance between the two. My indicator, "Bollinger Band Squeeze with MACD", actually displays 'The Volatility Squeeze' as bars in the Volume Histogram. While the "Bollinger Band Squeeze" indicator simply displays 'The Volatility Squeeze' as tiny dots of the mid line.

The differance in graphical presentation is a big differance for me. Hence my request. As of now I cannot find a MTF version of this BB Squeeze indicator that shows the Price squeeze as part of the volume histogram rather than as dots on the midline in the forum that you linked.

I did however come across a BB Squeeze indicator similar to mine that was posted by Mntiwana called 'Bollinger Squeeze v8'. And I have asked him if there is a MTF version of it because I havent seen one.

viewtopic.php?f=579496&t=8412977&start=170

I like tha options that you added to this one (Bottom of Page)

viewtopic.php?f=579496&t=8412977&p=1295 ... 1295409314

I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks

Hi,

Would you mind to share all used indicators and template. it looks solid to spot te beginning of a new trend. :thumbup:
Thanks

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:14 am Added a button and jurik pre smoothing.
thx mrtools for new code.......... this one seem to have very good BIG TREND signals on 1H & 4H charts i have question......... whats differences between jurik smoothed & jurik pre smoothed
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈