Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Kenrobert1 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:21 pm Hello, Mrtools. Endless Thanks for all your professional help to me. Please do add to indicator all 40+ moving averages + alerts on bar crossing the 2nd and 1st topmost levels. I just found it to be same as the Trend_Range that I sent you for conversion. This will save me time. I really do appreciate.
Averages added.

PS: For an explanation of how to use this indicator and a downloadable MT4 template, please see here: Val-Bands indstructions and MT4 Template.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Jimmy, Kenrobert1, Skyold, Milad8732, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

IndicatorRe: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Kenrobert1 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:53 am Many thanks, Mrtools. You are the man!
mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:19 am Averages added.
Not a bad indicator. Even though it's essentially just the Bollinger Bands with Standard Deviation of 1 and using a 14 period, the bars are visually appealing and give it more of a Waddah Attar Explosion feel to it, especially when the bars "break" the bands.

The Val-Bands

The Val Bands are a candlestick length Volatility indicator.

What do the bars mean?

• Yellow histogram bars: Candlestick length in pips
  • Three MA Lines: Moving Averages (Bollinger Bands) and signal from the length of the candles using Standard Deviation.

How to use the Val-Bands

If the Val-Bands histogram shows a yellow bar and is below the lowest line, it shows that market is flat (ranging).
When the histogram is moving up from under the lower line above it, this shows the start of a trend.

• Red histogram is a SELL signal.
  • Blue bar is a BUY signal.

Huge thanks to Mrtools for adding the Average Filters.

PS: I've set up my template and changed the colors of the Yellow bars to Grey to give those bars a "Neutral" look as the focus should be more on the Red and Blue bars.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
moey_dw, Skyold, camisa, AlexBello, Jedidiah, Abdi
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

berserkyjc wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:55 am Dear MrTools,

could you please make a bollinger bands in a seperate window? ( not on the main chat with candles)

and in that same separete window, could you please put keltner channel in it?

Many thanks
This is an old version i had made awhile back, just updated it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, moey_dw, Jedidiah

Darks wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:36 am I remembered seeing an indicator named something like "inverse bands" on a forum. I couldn't find the indicator again as I searched but liked the idea the name was suggesting. So decided to build an indicator on that idea. The usage could be to identify trend and range or breakouts but should be used as a part of strategy not stand alone, I recommend.

PS: For the Candlestick Overlay, please see: Inverse Bollinger Bands Candlestick Overlay for MT4.
Hi Darks,

Could you make this indicator MTF if possible ?