Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

Rakiura wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 9:08 am Mntiwana

Do I need a dll file in libraries folder for "Bollinger bands lsma filtered.mq4" to work because when I drag the indicator onto the chart I cant see the indicator. Even though it is on my indicators list?

Thanks
Justin
Justin, no dll required, very possibly could be a build 1090 issue, check here how to fix https://www.forex-station.com/viewtopic ... 1295355596

Here is a version that compares two methods of calculating LSMA.
One is using the summation method posted over 10 years ago,
The new version was a discovery found on forex-tsd I think, combining SMA and LWMA for less overhead and plots the same.

Minor differences mentioned in the one using mtf MA's might be due to use of Point instead of myPoint when rounding.
Where can I find source code so I can compare the method used to calculate LSMA?

MrPip wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 4:11 am Here is a version that compares two methods of calculating LSMA.
One is using the summation method posted over 10 years ago,
The new version was a discovery found on forex-tsd I think, combining SMA and LWMA for less overhead and plots the same.

Minor differences mentioned in the one using mtf MA's might be due to use of Point instead of myPoint when rounding.
Where can I find source code so I can compare the method used to calculate LSMA?
Hi MrPip
As for comparison purpose,here are all 2 LSMA indicators - one from Averages ver (so called linear regression value) - the other from LSMA nrp version - in picture #1 both with period 30,price close and hiding each other,means 1 line,same exact thing visually --- then in picture #2 - one with period 30 the other with period 31 both close price for to see able -
picture #3 applied LSMA (least squares ma) with period 30 price close from BB LSMA (forming ladder style line)
code attached
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Bollinger Squeeze
Some interesting Bollinger Squeezed indicator with 5 types triggering option (stoch,cci,rsi,macd or mom) - period option and shift too - in upper picture with macd - then mom and then rsi - all default parameters
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
RodrigoRT7
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:34 pm Bollinger Squeeze
Some interesting Bollinger Squeezed indicator with 5 types triggering option (stoch,cci,rsi,macd or mom) - period option and shift too - in upper picture with macd - then mom and then rsi - all default parameters
Dear Mntiwana,
Thank you for your nice indicators you are sharing with the community. Is that possible to share the indicator used on the main chart ... ??? looks interesting ...
Waiting as always for your reaction ...
Best Regards
Dimitri