Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

braciola719 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:36 pm Sorry my english, but i need help you know how to get this indicator but not with lines but histogram
Braciola719, made the histogram version, and made it more user friendly, also with the lighter mtf..
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, Chickenspicy

Many years ago at a forex convention in Las Vegas I spoke with Mr. Bollinger about using LSMA instead of SMA and he mentioned he has been meaning to test that.
I also noticed a mention of the problem with STDDEV. When I find it I have that working with different custom MAs as well
Here are 2 modified versions from this group with lsma added as a moving average type.

MrPip wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 4:47 am Many years ago at a forex convention in Las Vegas I spoke with Mr. Bollinger about using LSMA instead of SMA and he mentioned he has been meaning to test that.
I also noticed a mention of the problem with STDDEV. When I find it I have that working with different custom MAs as well
Here are 2 modified versions from this group with lsma added as a moving average type.
Hi MrPip
I think filter version doing good job :)
white/magenta lines in both pictures from filter ver
i guess 33 prices will be help more to precise fitting - and if rest of possible applicable methods added,it will become a fantastic tool
Attachments
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
太虚一毫
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hi Experts
I am curious to know,what is the actual definition and calculation difference in between LSMA (least squares moving average) from "Bollinger bands lsma filtered" indicator - and LSMA (linear regression value) from "averages - mtf - alerts 9.0" indicator
in illustration pictures white/magenta from BB and blue/orange from Averages - with same parameters,equal periods and close price
mostly time they seems same but at some points they form differently in shape-in coloring
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.