Re: Coding Help

mrtools wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:53 am Sorry, not understanding what compiled with value 14 is. For a EA you can use buffer 0 which would be the lsma wpr or buffer 4 which is the slope coloring of the lsma wpr.
Thank you so much Mrtools and Mladen for all your enormous help to me. The attached indicator (Volatility Adjusted WPR by Mladen) is really good. Please do help me with an mt4 version. Thanks in advance

Dear Mrtools and Everybody,
I have several scripts that I have been using them for years without any problem.They simply convert the date values ,OHLC values and indicator values into CSV file.
These scripts used to save the CSV files into C/The Broker/MQL4/Files folder .Now when I check MQL4/Files folder it is empty ,there is no CSV file in MQL4/Files folder or any other folders.

Recently I downloaded a MT4 demo platform from Admiral Markets and noticed something new.Before When I used to compile the indicators/expert advisors/scripts it used to save these files into C/Program Files/The Broker/MQL4/indicators or Expert Advisor or Script folder.

Now MT4 save these files into C/Users/The computer/AppData/Roaming .Is this normal?I have Windows 10

Here is the script I use .What do I do wrong?Any advice much appreciated .

uncle wong wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:01 am Dear Mrtools and Everybody,
I have several scripts that I have been using them for years without any problem.They simply convert the date values ,OHLC values and indicator values into CSV file.
These scripts used to save the CSV files into C/The Broker/MQL4/Files folder .Now when I check MQL4/Files folder it is empty ,there is no CSV file in MQL4/Files folder or any other folders.

Recently I downloaded a MT4 demo platform from Admiral Markets and noticed something new.Before When I used to compile the indicators/expert advisors/scripts it used to save these files into C/Program Files/The Broker/MQL4/indicators or Expert Advisor or Script folder.

Now MT4 save these files into C/Users/The computer/AppData/Roaming .Is this normal?I have Windows 10

Here is the script I use .What do I do wrong?Any advice much appreciated .
Your pic is the Donchian Indicator Dependencies tab showing that it needs the Stblid file in your Libraries Folder which should be there already - check File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Libraries

Check also that the your Script (blabla) is loaded in the Scripts folder. File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Scripts

C/Users/The computer/AppData/Roaming .Is this normal?I
yes this is normal, just check every thing is in the right MQL4 folder.

Ogee ,

Thanks for your respond.There are 2 MQL4 folders in my computer. When I load the blabla script I get 2 different script folders.I loaded the blabla script into the both folder then I run the script.But when I check the 2 Files folder, they are both empty.
Attachments

uncle wong wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:21 am Ogee ,

Thanks for your respond.There are 2 MQL4 folders in my computer. When I load the blabla script I get 2 different script folders.I loaded the blabla script into the both folder then I run the script.But when I check the 2 Files folder, they are both empty.
If installed in the scripts folder of your mt4 not sure why it would disappear.
Attachments

@Ogee

Hi please i would highly appreciate your help. I converted a simple zigzag EA from Mt4 to mt5. However when i backtested the mt5 version its result is different from the mt4.
When i checked the backtest results, it seems that the MT5 version is not applying the selected Takeprofit, Stoploss and trailing values in the input. whereas in the mt4 version trades can only be closed by either stoploss, or takeprofit or trailing, and that is how the mt5 version is meant to operate but instead, its closes positions without reaching the stoploss or take profit or trailing.

Can you please check what the problem is, all i want is for the MT5 version to work similar to the mt4 version so that i can use sets from the mt4 version and apply them manually on the mt5 version and have similar results.