Re: Coding Help

wojtek wrote:Hi, Everybody!

Dear Mladen,
have you ever coded an indicator / expert
preparing charts with TFs smaller than 1M (e.g. 10s)?
Of course, they would probably be built online using ticks, or so...
Such charts / TFs could be sometimes quite useful,
and are available on some trading platforms.
I did not do it based on time - only based on ticks
It can be done based on time, but it will largely depend on the starting time of offline data generation (for example : data started at nn:nn:00 will not be the same as data started at nn:nn:01 and the difference can be huge)

wojtek wrote:Right, it would be strongly time-dependent.  But, if you can set it to start at nn:nn:00,
it would already be something...   It could be a very convenient tool, available
on other trading platforms by default.
That is probably the main problem :
Even if I make it on timer, that does not guarantee that the bars are going to be formed at precise time (timer can be delayed and can "drift" from the desired time). So, I don't think that, from the users side, it is possible to make seconds based offline chart that would be generated at exact time interval

beppi wrote:
Hello mladen,

indicator has error "array out of range in 'BSV_3_Mtf_Alert' (324,44)".

Can you fix it please?
That indicator can not be used as it is now. I have already asked what exactly was the goal of that indicator and haven't got the answer yet. What is suer, one can not just copy/paste some code from another code and expect it to work

mladen wrote:
That indicator can not be used as it is now. I have already asked what exactly was the goal of that indicator and haven't got the answer yet. What is suer, one can not just copy/paste some code from another code and expect it to work
Yes, wasted time by Hermo's experiment.