Re: Experiments ...

scarletPip wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Teamtrader,
I also use this indicator and find it to be very useful in finding targets and turning points.
Thanks always to Mladen.

1. This indicator is quite demanding. I find it useful to add more than one one different TF to determine local price direction and future price direction and my MT4 cannot support more than 4-5 bands before it freezes. I also cannot get an offline chart in strategy tester to work with it. It is the nature of MT4. Are you using the offline chart to get a higher TF while testing?

2. Probably not; maybe a more powerful PC can do it.

While the historical band positions don't recalculate at all (I think?), in a sharp upturn or downturn, the first 6-7 bars of the band's position (do you know the exact number, Mladen?) can move away from past price. On higher timeframes this can have a big effect. This does not make it less useful, but it is important to be aware.
I have spent weeks on this problem and last week I changed my renko indicator and then amended the TmaCoG indicator (nothing meaningful) and removed all other indicators and then added my most reliable indicators one by one.
This is the result (illustration) and if last week was anything to go by when the freezing was so minimal I can live with it in live trading.
The best trades were when the 34 HMA broke outside the band - that is a great confirmer.
TEAMTRADER
Attachments

TEAMTRADER wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:26 pm I have spent weeks on this problem and last week I changed my renko indicator and then amended the TmaCoG indicator (nothing meaningful) and removed all other indicators and then added my most reliable indicators one by one.
This is the result (illustration) and if last week was anything to go by when the freezing was so minimal I can live with it in live trading.
The best trades were when the 34 HMA broke outside the band - that is a great confirmer.
TEAMTRADER
If you post your indicators and tpl I can try the same setup to see if it causes the same issues here. Maybe I can pinpoint which one is causing a problem.

scarletPip wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:44 pm

If you post your indicators and tpl I can try the same setup to see if it causes the same issues here. Maybe I can pinpoint which one is causing a problem.
Here they are with the template.
TEAMTRADER

scarletPip wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:13 am What was TMACoG?
I believe it is Triangulated Moving Average - Centre of Gravity. I renamed the indicator 'Target Bands' as it was more appropriate.
Also with the Dow or Oil the setting is 2 on renko - the Dax is 3 setting and should the starting point for all FX charts.
TEAMTRADER

IdeaRe: Experiments ...

John Ehlers' Reverse EMA Indicator

The indicator boasts the ability to display trend or cycle information by varying the alpha parameter with minimal lag.

Coded by Mladen this experimental version uses period (instead of cryptic alpha) for calculations and is immediately combining what is called a "trend" part with the "cycle" part.

Tip: Whilst using this I've found that this is a steady indicator for both catching trends and scalping retracements. I particularly like how the "thin" line represents price's movement away from the mean (thick line), almost like a rubber band, the thin line will eventually snap back to the thicker trend line again which makes it easy to gauge where you should enter for a trend trade and also where you should "get out" for a retracement trade scalp. Neat!

Try it out on an hourly chart :mrgreen:

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
traderokey, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

mladen wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 pm We are by now using different types of levels in different indicators.
Here is one experiment to use some other way

This indicator is using stripped Laguerre in a sort of "levels" applied to the rsi experiment (to remind, this version of rsi can use :
  • original rsi calculation
  • use sma for calculation
  • use ema for calculation
  • use smma for calculation
  • use lwma for calculation

laguerre stripped of rsi.png
Dear Mladen,

Is it possible to add different RSI types as an optional choice to this indicator as you have done with other RSI based indicators?
I am interested in RSX, specifically.

Re: Precision trend - histo

mladen wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 pm

Talaat E.

Here are versions with alerts added to it (the usual set of alerts)
Dear mladen , sorry for my bad english im italian, it is possible to add vertical line to precision trend histo 2.2 and separate the green and red line below and above the 0 line? thanks
When trading, stay calm and be your own best EA

Re: Precision trend - histo

Giangyforex wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Dear mladen , sorry for my bad english im italian, it is possible to add vertical line to precision trend histo 2.2 and separate the green and red line below and above the 0 line? thanks
You are welcome at first
do you means oscillator type display
can you explain more - if possible with picture/s
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.