Re: Experiments ...

mladen wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 am Combinations when two or more prices need to be "predicted" are making the "prediction" literally impossible (too many possible combinations - regardless of the type of calculation)
I have limited knowledge and still trying grasp core maths. In the case of bullish DMI signal, I assume we would look for the lowest point need for the zero/cross point. In example above if the close price is lowered, and when it is reached the 'Real low point', both close and low price move to same lower value, using one pip increment, would that low possible combinations. I assume all previous period calculation remain the same. Would it be possible to manually change close and/or low price to test hypothesis.

%K = 100[(C – L5close)/(H5 – L5)]
C = the most recent closing price
L5 = the low of the five previous trading sessions
H5 = the highest price traded during the same 5 day period.

The formula for the more important %D line looks like this:

%D = 100 X (H3/L3

Correct my ignorance

Sanni123 wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 am I have limited knowledge and still trying grasp core maths. In the case of bullish DMI signal, I assume we would look for the lowest point need for the zero/cross point. In example above if the close price is lowered, and when it is reached the 'Real low point', both close and low price move to same lower value, using one pip increment, would that low possible combinations. I assume all previous period calculation remain the same. Would it be possible to manually change close and/or low price to test hypothesis.

%K = 100[(C – L5close)/(H5 – L5)]
C = the most recent closing price
L5 = the low of the five previous trading sessions
H5 = the highest price traded during the same 5 day period.

The formula for the more important %D line looks like this:

%D = 100 X (H3/L3

Correct my ignorance
Sanni123

Please check how DMI is calculated. That should clarify all your doubts

Dearest Mladen,
I pointed out what is the optical incompatibility with the indicator presentation .... The indicator must be placed in a separate window and the line must represent the difference between "Predicted Price" and the "Used Price for Calculation". As a result must be a line that will oscillate above and below Zero ... If you have the time to make this intervention it will be great ...
Thank You as always so much.
Best Regards
Dimitri

TEAMTRADER wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 pm I have only changed the name of this indicator to 'Target Bands' but it does not work.
All I have done is to copy and paste the original code into another files and save it in another name.
Original (Tma) and change of name (Target) mq4 files attached.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
It works as is (no changes in code - see the example)
Attachments