Re: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

kvak wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:11 am Have this version with arrows and alerts.
Also have 4 type of levels....DSL ema-fema, quantile or floating....

Been a while since I posted here but having said that , I’ve kept my eye on this site and seen many old indicators rehash with some less than useful updates which in my opinion actually don’t make the indicator any better

But occasionally you do find a golden nugget and this indicator has a potential to be one of the top 10 which when coupled and filter with some other of the top indicators could virtually give you that small edge that many traders are looking for

Great job Kvak
These users thanked the author TSD ICEMAN for the post:
kvak

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:17 pm Been a while since I posted here but having said that , I’ve kept my eye on this site and seen many old indicators rehash with some less than useful updates which in my opinion actually don’t make the indicator any better
Oh, nice of you to chime in. So what kind of (free) updates would you like to see more of, that would make older/rehashed indicators actually useful, in your opinion?
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

QuestionRe: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:17 pm seen many old indicators rehash with some less than useful updates which in my opinion actually don’t make the indicator any better
bit of backhanded comment towards the coders...... but thx for a positive review towards the indicator....... i also think it's worthy top 10

do u prefer this indicator or is DSL DSMA better??
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
太虚一毫
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:46 am Oh, nice of you to chime in. So what kind of (free) updates would you like to see more of, that would make older/rehashed indicators actually useful, in your opinion?
"seen many old indicators rehash with some less than useful updates which in my opinion actually don’t make the indicator any better"

any examples of "old indicators rehash" - no
any precise reasons why the changes didn't improve the indicators - no
any concrete analysis why some are good and while others are not - no
any reason whatsoever why the DSL indicator he likes is better than most of the rest and should be included in Top 10 - no
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 4):
moey_dw, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, serrus

太虚一毫 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:29 am I am also waiting for Mr. Jimmy and other teachers to select the top ten indicators of the forum in 2021! :thumbup:
Constantly watching your good recommendations and testing. The list was updated last month!

PS: We haven't removed any of our previous Top 10 indicators from the list either, so now it's become a bit of a Top 10+ plus 😅
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, moey_dw, kvak, ChuChu Rocket
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

josi wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:19 am "seen many old indicators rehash with some less than useful updates which in my opinion actually don’t make the indicator any better"

any examples of "old indicators rehash" - no
any precise reasons why the changes didn't improve the indicators - no
any concrete analysis why some are good and while others are not - no
any reason whatsoever why the DSL indicator he likes is better than most of the rest and should be included in Top 10 - no
This coming from person who just about spends every post compare every posted indictor to your 9 and 36 ema, talk about negativity, I posted my view like it or not, but you have no room to talk since every post you have posted is a best a "shadow negative" help ? make to site a pay site I be the first to pay, free help ? put the time in and learn the hard way as all successful traders have done , you need hand holding I not the person to ask

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:59 am make to site a pay site I be the first to pay
"This coming from person who just about spends every post compare every posted indictor to your 9 and 36 ema, talk about negativity,"
a) "This coming from a person"... - you replace a criteria-based argumentation by an "ad hominem"-attack. Why?
b) How is using a benchmark (to see whether something performs better or worse) negative? I'd call it applying a criterion...

"I posted my view like it or not"
a) You didn't post it as an opinion but as a judgment (which is a totally different approach)
b) In order to judge you need criteria, otherwise you make claims instead of putting forward an argument

"but you have no room to talk since every post you have posted is a best a "shadow negative" help"
a) I have as much right to post as you
b) nobody knows what "a shaodow negative" is supposed to mean
c) I never offered any help to anyone (except by chance). I prefer people to think for themselves.

"put the time in and learn the hard way as all successful traders have done"
a) platitudes, my friend, and generalizations
- the time? - 1 hour, 1 month, 1 year, 1 life?
- learn the hard way? - What is the hard way? What does "hard" even mean in this context? Trading is a craft, it needs proficiency and competence. How does "hard" relate to that?
- all successful traders have done? - How do you know? Did you talk to all of them? Some may have been naturals, some may have had an excellent tutor, some may have found indicators that were congenial to their way of trading etc. There may exist as many different ways to become a successful trader as there are successful traders.

"you need hand holding" - Nobody said he or she needed "hand-holding"; and even if they did, would they ask you to "hold their hand"?
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ChuChu Rocket