Re: DSL (Discontinued Signal Line) indicators

donut4popo wrote:dsl-rsx problem

mladen,
I've used iCustom with your indicators for a few years now but can't get the values I see in the strategy tester (which match the live data feed) to be the same as the buffers from your dsl-rsx indicator.  I print the iCustom values (to the log) to make sure my coding is correct.  This is a first.  I'm sad as the dsl-rsx only has 3 inputs so it should be easy.  Any ideas?

using:
int dslrsx_perd = 32;
int dslrsx_pri = 0;
double dslrsx_sig = 32.0;double DSLRSX_Signal = iCustom(_Symbol,_Period,"dsl-rsx",dslrsx_perd,dslrsx_pri,dslrsx_sig,2,1);

eurusd, 5min, 24 Feb 2017, 0425 hrs
from your indicator:        val = 69.29642035153167
from my iCustom: dslrsx_signal = 69.29642035153167
from the Data Window buffer2 =    69.9647

Which bar in the data window are you comparing the values to? When I check it, there is no difference for the same bar and there can be no difference since the data window must display what is drawn by the indicator (and as you can see iCustom() call and indicator are giving the same value, which only can mean that the data window bar looked at is wrong)

In your example you are using bar 1. Are you comparing it to bar 1 (the first closed bar, not the current bar)?

Yes.  I double check my comparisons with data from other indicators (ie Wilder's DMI 3_3, ema velocity (vhf adaptive) - floating levels) to make sure that I'm looking at the correct bar values.  I print the values to a log, then compare that with the data window.  Its how I double check my work to make sure I coded iCustom properly (as I am still a novice).

donut4popo wrote:Yes.  I double check my comparisons with data from other indicators (ie Wilder's DMI 3_3, ema velocity (vhf adaptive) - floating levels) to make sure that I'm looking at the correct bar values.  I print the values to a log, then compare that with the data window.  Its how I double check my work to make sure I coded iCustom properly (as I am still a novice).
Sorry, but what you are talking about is not possible

Will try to explain : data window only displays what is in the buffers of an indicator attached to the chart. If your indicator displays in the text near the name some values, those values are for the current bar. Compare that to data window dragging the mouse over the current bar.

See the example - as you can see, values displayed in the data window are exactly the same as the values displayed by the indicator when I hover with the mouse over the current bar:

Data window is just a peeping hole to the data contained in indicators buffers. Nothing else
Attachments