CodeRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Regularized Relative Moving Average

This is regularized relative moving average, on the chart picture is the regularized ema (in blue and orange) for comparison.

What is a Regularized Moving Average?

Chris Satchwell's "Regularized" Moving Average is a faster responding MA which adds just enough smoothing to it's calculation to avoid the introduction of lag by using "Lambda".

Mathematically, it's seen as a superior, fitting replacement over the standard Moving Average and Exponential Moving Average.

What makes it different to any other Moving Average?

Traditionally, analysts will reduce the length (period) of an indicator's settings in order to combat lag, but by introducing "Regularization" to the code equips it with a mathematical factor called Lamda (also written as λ-calculus) that provides control over the moving average's untimely "twitch" by adjusting it's Lambda period.

Note: Adjust the Lambda setting on smaller intraday timeframes by increasing it to 6.0 or higher. When doing so, be sure to take note when backtesting see how false signals are filtered out.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
TransparentTrader, kvak, Forexlearner, nbibu, Jimmy, moey_dw, josi, nathanvbasko, Darkdoji, alexm, GoldenBrett90, 太虚一毫

Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:08 am This is regularized relative moving average, on the chart picture is the regularized ema (in blue and orange) for comparison.
Heyhey man I love the write up thank u mrtoolz for our new mathematical indi's!!! I am using them & in simple terms I'm calling these "better than smoothing filter" indicator...... it uses Lambda calculus 👨‍🏫👨‍🏫👨‍🏫

Lambda setting of 8.0 on M5 chart. A bit laggy but much smoother than SMA
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, mrtools, RodrigoRT7
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

CodeRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

josi wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:39 pm Thanks, MrTools,
looks like a really interesting development.
Keep them coming...
Moving Average Ribbon based on Regularized Relative Moving Average

In case of experimenting I made this ribbon based on regularized relative MA (Thanks for idea from Mrtools).
Also have choice use ema or fema in menu.
Arrows/alerts are based on cross or its slopes.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 15):
mrtools, Darkdoji, vvFish, Jimmy, josi, Krunal Gajjar, BeatlemaniaSA, Abdi, thomdel, RodrigoRT7, knglerxst, Jedidiah, 太虚一毫, alexm, Ricstar_8

Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

256robertm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:38 am Could you add the psar as a filter......it would be much appreciated.
Double 2x MA Cross filtered with PSAR (Parabolic Stop & Reverse)

Hello, somethink like this?
This is 2 x MA cross filtered with PSAR.
If you want histogram type, I am able to do...

Other versions
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 12):
88FX88, Krunal Gajjar, thomdel, Darkdoji, BeatlemaniaSA, mgh1361, 256robertm, muhammadfarooq, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7, josi, DaveTrader