Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:32 am Ribbon Moving Average with built-in Heiken Ashi Candlesticks

This is pm request. It is ribbon ma indicator with inbuild heiken ashi candles... You can HA smoothed with MA.
This is continue work ( some request from PM)
Added colored ribbon between fast and slow MA
Both MA lines are now colored when cross
HA now have menu for coloring logic, two state- clasic HA or color based on ribbon cross.
Added new average to the list Relative moving average as requested.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 10):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7, BeatlemaniaSA, Jimmy, josi, maroka, thomdel, iPar, chris006, Krunal Gajjar

CodeRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Range-weighted RMA (Relative Moving Average) filtered

This is a range weighted relative moving average filtered.

It uses Mladen's range-weighted method which uses the high-low of the candlestick it is calculated for as it's weight.
The emphasis is in it's calculation of the higher volatility candlesticks and response to price changes of those candlesticks are accelerated.

At the end of the day, the range-weighted average is similar to simple moving average. The difference can only be seen at times of high ranges where it becomes "faster" than the SMA.

PS: A "Double Smoothed" version is available here: Relative Moving Average Double Smoothed for MT4 & if you are new to price filtering and would like to learn more about it, please see: What is price filtering in MT4?

mrtools wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:23 pm This is a range weighted relative moving average filtered.
Really good indicator mrtools .......... I compared this to EMA i have found in range bound markets it will be slightly behind the EMA but when its volatile this indicator becomes a bit more speedy & gives earlier signals than EMA

But i think if you add a filter value of 1.0 it makes the signals even better 😮😮😮

I think it can really shine when using it for volatile pairs like GBPJPY & GBPNZD!!!

Here I applied 2 instances on my chart both using 21 period and a 1.0 filter to make a channel

1 indicator is set to HIGH
1 indicators is set to LOW
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 11):
iPar, sylvester21, josi, xard777, BeatlemaniaSA, Chickenspicy, Jimmy, maroka, Jedidiah, Gethsemane, Skyold
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:56 pm Really good indicator mrtools .......... I compared this to EMA i have found in range bound markets it will be slightly behind the EMA but when its volatile this indicator becomes a bit more speedy & gives earlier signals than EMA

But i think if you add a filter value of 1.0 it makes the signals even better 😮😮😮

I think it can really shine when using it for volatile pairs like GBPJPY & GBPNZD!!!

Here I applied 2 instances on my chart both using 21 period and a 1.0 filter to make a channel

1 indicator is set to HIGH
1 indicators is set to LOW
Main one to THANK is Kvak, I had heard the relative moving average actually called the same as a rolling average, but when he posted his ma cross with Heiken ashi and mentioned the relative moving average did more research and finally dawned on me it is a simple Ema with an adjusted Alpha. Where it is originally from not sure.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Jedidiah, sylvester21, kvak, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7