Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:56 pm I just sent you a PM an hour ago, Jimmy.

The MQL5 website is back up. Could I repost the link again, or should I just paste the code? I noticed that the MQL5 forum poster shared the code but not an actual MQ4 file.
Hi mate, please post the code or the file in future. This is why we ask members not to post links to other site's downloads due to the reliability of those sites and security issues we've had in the past with links containing malware, spam and whatnot.

You make good suggestions here and the TradingView links you've posted in the past are cool but please help us out by following the rules on links to other forums and download sites.

I've converted the code and attached the indicator for you below but I haven't had a chance to have a proper look through it yet. Let's see what our coders can do with it 👍
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, TransparentTrader
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

josi wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:45 pm I'm sure you find this boring but I compared it to kvak's RSI MA simple
You beat me to it I was actually just comparing it to a standard MACD but it seems like you've found the match!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
josi, Jedidiah, Krunal Gajjar
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:18 pm Hi mate, please post the code or the file in future. This is why we ask members not to post links to other site's downloads due to the reliability of those sites and security issues we've had in the past with links containing malware, spam and whatnot.

You make good suggestions here and the TradingView links you've posted in the past are cool but please help us out by following the rules on links to other forums and download sites.

I've converted the code and attached the indicator for you below but I haven't had a chance to have a proper look through it yet. Let's see what our coders can do with it 👍

My apologies. So when I post indicator requests where the source originates from TradingView, should I just not link to the TradingView website at all?

I usually include the TradingView link for archiving/prosperity purposes, but I can stop doing that going forward.

sadd wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:03 pm I only found this code. I don't know if I can help.

I found reference manual about the functions in above picture. Because of no external link, I'd like to post it below.

Code: Select all

LLV(src, len)
Return the lowest value of src within len period.

HHV(src, len)
Return the highest value of src within len period.

REF(src, N)
Return the value of src that N bars ago.

STICKLINE(cond, price1, price2, linewidth, linetype)
Draw columnar line. If cond is true, draw a columnar line between price1 and price2
These users thanked the author fxmoney for the post:
Jimmy

sadd wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:11 am 嗨!你好。我非常喜欢浏览这个论坛,我有一些想法,但是我是中国人英文非常差,我在国内一个软件上面发现了这个指标,我非常喜欢他,因为他给的信号很少会失误。我试着用翻译软件翻译,如果你能看懂中文那就更好了

Hi! Hello. I like to browse this forum very much. I have some ideas, but I am Chinese and my English is very poor. I found this indicator on a domestic software. I like him very much, because the signal he gives rarely makes mistakes. I tried to translate with translation software. It would be better if you could understand Chinese.
FXBS2 生命线 (Lifeline) indicator

Maybe close to this one!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
TransparentTrader, fxmoney, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:00 am One small graphical error: On grid charts, the indicator eats away at the lines for some odd reason.

Any possible way to fix this? Seems like a decent indicator for finding overbought and oversold regions.
That's a mt4 thing, to make the bars had to go with making them a histogram and since mt4 histogram is zero based have to add a 3rd chart background color histogram which erases everything from zero to the actual values, otherwise you get a version similar to the earlier posted version.