Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

kvak wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:49 am Here is simply version for test, I rewrote the oma rsi, but I was looking for a mistake, now they are the same as the original....I'll finish it tomorrow, it's late and I'm going to bed, try it and give me feedback....
For tomorrow, I'm thinking add a neutral/gray signal to the histogram for when the MA's are conflicting, plus the neutral/gray arrow to go along with the normal buy/sell arrows.
Toggled option for arrows and wingdings, and alerts.
That's all I can think of for now.
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

A request to the coding crew at forex-station. Would it be possible please to further enhance this indicator for me.
Please add a Price Method as shown in the picture.

Many Thanks,
Regards,
Brendon.

kvak wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:49 am Here is simply version for test, I rewrote the oma rsi, but I was looking for a mistake, now they are the same as the original....I'll finish it tomorrow, it's late and I'm going to bed, try it and give me feedback....
awesome kvak,
it will be more perfect if we can have a divergence arrows, just an idea if you have times.. :)
regards

Karobein Oscillator [TradingView]

mrtools and kvak, here is an interesting oscillator I found on TradingView that might be worth a port into MT4.

Here is the description of the indicator below, although I could not find any information about its creator when I did a search on Google:

Developed by Emily Karobein, the Karobein oscillator is an oscillator that aim to rescale smoothed values with more reactivity in a range of (0,1)

Calculation

The scaling method is similar to the one used in a kalman filter for the kalman gain.

We first average the up/downs x, those calculations are similar to the ones used for calculating the average gain/loss in the relative strength index.

a = ema(src < src ? x : 0,length)
b = ema(src > src ? x : 0,length)

where src is a exponential moving average of length period and x is src/src in the standard calculations, but anything else can be used as long as x > 0.

Then we rescale the results.

c = x/(x + b)
d = 2*(x/(x + c*a)) - 1

How To Use

It is better to use centerline-cross/breakouts/signal line.

In general when we use something smooth as input in oscillators, breakouts are better than reversals, you can see this with the stochastic and rsi.

So a simple approach could be buying when crossing over 0.8 and selling when crossing under 0.2.

Here is the balance of a strategy using those conditions, length = 50.

This is the code, clocking in at 14 lines:

Code: Select all

/@version=2
study("Karobein Oscillator")
length = input(50)
//
source = input(close)
src = ema(source,length)
a = ema(src < src[1] ? src/src[1] : 0,length)
b = ema(src > src[1] ? src/src[1] : 0,length)
c = (src/src[1])/(src/src[1] + b)
d = 2*((src/src[1])/(src/src[1] + c*a)) - 1
//
plot(d,color=orange,transp=0)
hline(0.8)
hline(0.2)

If somebody takes this on, I would only have two additional modifications to suggest:

1) Allow the use of multiple moving average types, since this indicator by default is based around the EMA.
2) Allow users to set the overbought and oversold lines in the "Inputs".

A thank you as always to all of the coders on this forum who tirelessly work to have these requests fulfilled!

TransparentTrader wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 am Karobein Oscillator [TradingView]

mrtools and kvak, here is an interesting oscillator I found on TradingView that might be worth a port into MT4.

Here is the description of the indicator below, although I could not find any information about its creator when I did a search on Google:

/@version=2
length = input(50)
//
source = input(close)
src = ema(source,length)
//
hline(0.8)
hline(0.2)

If somebody takes this on, I would only have two additional modifications to suggest:

1) Allow the use of multiple moving average types, since this indicator by default is based around the EMA.

A thank you as always to all of the coders on this forum who tirelessly work to have these requests fulfilled!
It reminds me of Schaff Trend a little.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
ionone
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

TransparentTrader wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 am Karobein Oscillator [TradingView]

/@version=2
length = input(50)
//
source = input(close)
src = ema(source,length)
//
hline(0.8)
hline(0.2)

Posted a version here
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
TransparentTrader