Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:50 am From Mladen Rakic:

Theory :

According to Vitali Apirine’s article “Higher Highs & Lower Lows,” in in February 2016 issue of TASC, the momentum indicator-based system HHLLS (higher high, lower low stochastic) can help to spot emerging trends, define correction periods, and anticipate reversals. As with many indicators, HHLLS signals can also be generated by looking for divergences and crossovers. Because the HHLLS is an oscillator, it can also be used to identify overbought & oversold levels.

Usage :

You can use the color change of the fill zone (ie: the crosses of the two values) as signals

This is a mt4 version seems close to Mladen's version.

There is one annoying error with this indicator: The arrows are stuck to the chart regardless of the settings I put. If I put both "arrows on chart" and "arrows on mtf bar" to false, the arrows are still on the chart and they do not go away.

Is there any way to fix this?

TransparentTrader wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:57 am There is one annoying error with this indicator: The arrows are stuck to the chart regardless of the settings I put. If I put both "arrows on chart" and "arrows on mtf bar" to false, the arrows are still on the chart and they do not go away.

Thanks, made it so the arrows can be turned off/on. Something I should of done from the start. Also removed the arrows on mtf bar since the indicator is not mtf.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar

mrtools wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:15 am Thanks glad it's working good for you.

mrtools, I do have one small favor to ask: A friend of mine was using this new version and they said a few random arrows were still popping up. They had to fix this by changing the colors of UpArrow and DownArrow to "None".

I loaded up the indicator on my own charts and wasn't able to see any arrows whatsoever, but maybe I'm an exception. Would it be possible to look into this and see what could possibly lead to the bug my friend was seeing?

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:01 am mrtools, I do have one small favor to ask: A friend of mine was using this new version and they said a few random arrows were still popping up. They had to fix this by changing the colors of UpArrow and DownArrow to "None".

I loaded up the indicator on my own charts and wasn't able to see any arrows whatsoever, but maybe I'm an exception. Would it be possible to look into this and see what could possibly lead to the bug my friend was seeing?
It could be arrows that are forming beyond where the fill ends, I have been trying everything i can think of to limit those and right now have no idea how.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
TransparentTrader

TransparentTrader wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:57 am There is one annoying error with this indicator: The arrows are stuck to the chart regardless of the settings I put. If I put both "arrows on chart" and "arrows on mtf bar" to false, the arrows are still on the chart and they do not go away.

Higher Highs Lower Lows indicator with Auto Divergences + Arrows & Averages Filters

Thanks to the pdf file you shared it reminded me this was using an ema of the higher high and lower low and also divergence for both the higher highs and lower lows and if I'm understanding correctly if you get divergence on both it's more accurate. So added all the averages I have and divergence for the hh's and ll's. Also looks like the arrows are working correctly now.

PS: For an in-depth PDF article on this indicator, please see: Higher Highs and Lower Lows - Vitali Apirine.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
TransparentTrader, Chickenspicy, 太虚一毫, Jimmy, Jedidiah, josi, Woodyz, Krunal Gajjar, Gethsemane, kimhyunmin, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:00 am Higher Highs Lower Lows indicator with Auto Divergences + Arrows & Averages Filters

Thanks to the pdf file you shared it reminded me this was using an ema of the higher high and lower low and also divergence for both the higher highs and lower lows and if I'm understanding correctly if you get divergence on both it's more accurate. So added all the averages I have and divergence for the hh's and ll's. Also looks like the arrows are working correctly now.

PS: For an in-depth PDF article on this indicator, please see: Higher Highs and Lower Lows - Vitali Apirine.
This is great, ive been using the first one you made everyday, but this beats it even more :)
These users thanked the author Gethsemane for the post:
Jimmy