Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:56 am PdfMA Awesome Oscillator

From Mladen Rakic

Theory :

Bill Williams's Awesome Oscillator Technical Indicator (AO) is a 34-period simple moving average, plotted through the bars midpoints (H+L)/2, which is subtracted from the 5-period simple moving average, built across the bars midpoints (H+L)/2. It shows us quite clearly what’s happening to the market driving force at the present moment.

This version :

It is using PdfMA (Probability Density Function weighted Moving Average) instead of using SMA (Simple Moving Average). It is deviation from the original Ao since in the AO there is no parameter that you can change, but in this you can change the variance part of the PdfMA calculation. That way you can get different values for the AO even without changing periods of calculation (the general rule of thumb is : the greater the variance, the smoother the result)

Usage :

You can use color changes (mainly on zero cross) for trend change signals

Converted it and added mtf.

Put two PdfMa awesome up and PdfMa awesome down in a technical indicator window, which is "set" from Banzai's teacher:
viewtopic.php?f=579496&p=1295480222#p1295480222

Can you integrate the two PdfMa awesome (mtf) up and PdfMa awesome (mtf) down into one indicator?
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Banzai

mrtools wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:45 am Just made a simple MT4 version like you asked and on my platform silver it the default color setting.

Ah ok understood, perhaps on my platform the default color setting is None. It's not a problem because the fix is very easy. If I ever ask for modifications in the future, I may ask to have a certain color as the default in the code so it shows up the same regardless of who loads it up.

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:56 am Looks awesome, especially with the option to add smoothing and change the type of moving average used for both the Bulls/Bears calculation and the smoothing itself.

If I don't want any smoothing whatsoever, what inputs do I need to change and how?
Add smoothing period to 1.(it makes no sense to change the average type if you have period 1. Use ema, or sma. Some average type dont working with period 1.)
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
TransparentTrader

IndicatorHalftrend (absolutely free)

I ask the moderators to move this message to the appropriate place, I myself can't post anywhere else.

I tried all the Halftrend indicators, the best of them is the indicator from Mladen
viewtopic.php?p=1295475274#p1295475274
unfortunately, he draws extra arrows, sometimes even in the opposite direction, and he has no history limit. The rest of the Halftrend indicators either work very slowly, as they recalculate the entire history at each tick, or redraw, or both.

Therefore, I made my own indicator with a history limit for calculation, the indicator turned out to be fast and does not redraw. You can compare his with the Mladen indicator by putting them together, they work synchronously. The indicator can be configured in the form of clouds, but this is for an amateur. :)
These users thanked the author Vladimir1968 for the post (total 6):
太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, TransparentTrader, Chickenspicy, freemenn, alexm

Re: Halftrend (absolutely free)

Vladimir1968 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:15 am I ask the moderators to move this message to the appropriate place, I myself can't post anywhere else.

I tried all the Halftrend indicators, the best of them is the indicator from Mladen
viewtopic.php?p=1295475274#p1295475274
unfortunately, he draws extra arrows, sometimes even in the opposite direction, and he has no history limit.

The rest of the Halftrend indicators either work very slowly, as they recalculate the entire history at each tick, or redraw, or both.

Therefore, I made my own indicator with a history limit for calculation, the indicator turned out to be fast and does not redraw. You can compare his with the Mladen indicator by putting them together, they work synchronously.

The indicator can be configured in the form of clouds, but this is for an amateur. :)

halftrend_fast.ex4

The cloud is interesting.

It is recommended that you send the source code to your mrtools/kvak teacher. Add full averages of mrtools/kvak teachers, price packs, MTF, buttons, and other interesting elements. ;)

(The title of the post can also be changed to a special post discussing halftrend, and does not have to be moved to another location)