CodeRe: Stochastic indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 am Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to change the KDJ indicator to use double smoothed Stochastic instead of regular Stochastic. Almost a combination of DSS Bressert and KDJ. And might it possible to add the 40+ different averages for smoothing options? (Code of the attached indicators might need an update)

Regards
whiplashtm
KDJ Stochastic indicator with MA Filters

The KDJ indicator is a derived form of the Slow Stochastic with the only difference being an extra line called the J line

KDJ stands for K, D and J, which are 3 lines

K and D are the standard Stochastic lines and J represents the divergence of the D value from the K. The convergence of all three lines will be the signals of trading opportunities.

This version of KDJ

Not a dss (double smoothed stochastic) version, but was even trying to remember how I did the averages version, anyway long story short made this version the regular stochastic way except added the j buffer the way it was before.

ps) the old signal line settings of 0.67 and 0.33 will not work on this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
Jedidiah, Mickey Abi, Chickenspicy, Papybillou, whiplashtm, josi, Jimmy, Gethsemane, iPar, alexm, BeatlemaniaSA

Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:01 am Not a dss version, but was even trying to remember how I did the averages version, anyway long story short made this version the regular stochastic way except added the j buffer the way it was before.

ps) the old signal line settings of 0.67 and 0.33 will not work on this version.
I'm amazed, but also incredible humble that you guys take the time and effort to look back at "old" posts and follow them up. Long story short, I totally forgot this request, and I'm very grateful for reminding me, lol. Thank you very much!

PS! My new favourite indicator!

Warmest regards
whiplashtm
These users thanked the author whiplashtm for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, Jimmy, Gethsemane, BeatlemaniaSA

Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

Higher Highs Lower Lows indicator based on Mladen's code & Vitali Apirine's TASC Article

From Mladen Rakic:

Theory

According to Vitali Apirine’s article “Higher Highs & Lower Lows,” in in February 2016 issue of TASC, the momentum indicator-based system HHLLS (higher high, lower low stochastic) can help to spot emerging trends, define correction periods, and anticipate reversals.

As with many indicators, HHLLS signals can also be generated by looking for divergences and crossovers. Because the HHLLS is an oscillator, it can also be used to identify overbought & oversold levels.

Usage

You can use the color change of the fill zone (ie: the crosses of the two values) as signals

This is a mt4 version seems close to Mladen's version.

ps) Thank to Transparent Trader for sending the TASC article.
ps2) updated version with more averages and divergence posted here.

These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Jedidiah, TransparentTrader, kvak, Chickenspicy, 太虚一毫, Woodyz, josi, RodrigoRT7, ParallelNative