Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Mix & Match GMMA

I separated the GMMA into Short and Long Lines
so you can mix and match.
GMMA Short Lines = blue lines
GMMA Long Lines = red lines

For example, for GMMA Short Lines, you can choose EMA (Blue lines)
But for Long Lines, you can choose Super Smoother MA (Red lines)
----------------------------
Download:

i-CAi Guppy Long BT.mq4
i-CAi Guppy Short BT.mq4
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 5):
太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, thomdel, Jedidiah, fxmoney

CodeRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

robo296 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:18 am is it possible to add atr bands to this indicator?
i-CAi with ATR bands

This version includes ATR (Average True Range) Bands for those looking to capture market turning points or trend entries.

• A smaller ATR setting ie: 1.0 will create a moving average channel display for timing trending market entries whenever price breaks the outer bands.
  • A larger ATR setting such as 3.0 and higher will provide reversal trading opportunities.

What is the i-CAi indicator?

In 2006 Alexander Piechotta released this indicator which represents the "Breakthrough Line". CA stands for "Corrected Average". It was a very early code which attempted to filter out market noise and did this well on the 1 Hour timeframe and above.

The original author's explanation

The strength of the corrected average (CA) is that the current value of the time series differs from the current.
The volatility dependent threshold must be exceeded, so that the filter rises or falls, causing false signals be avoided in phases with a weak trend.

On it's own the indicator can be used as a filter to base decisions on but should be used with a secondary confirmation indicator when using it on the lower timeframes.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 8):
Chickenspicy, Banzai, 太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, iPar, Jimmy, Jedidiah, robo296

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:11 am Added mtf and the ability to change the color and line width with external parameters, not sure about arrows and alerts because running out of room in the iCustom call for mtf (only allowed 63 characters) and am right at 60 now.
GMMA + RSI levels interesting. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the teacher adding the latest average to 5 colors - ! GMMA (RSI levels + lb) BT.

Arrows, alarms, no okay. If you can add MTF, even better.

The merit is immeasurable!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
RodrigoRT7

太虚一毫 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:35 am GMMA + RSI levels interesting. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the teacher adding the latest average to 5 colors - ! GMMA (RSI levels + lb) BT.

Arrows, alarms, no okay. If you can add MTF, even better.

The merit is immeasurable!
GMMA Guppy Multiple Moving Averages with RSI Levels & (individual) MA Filters

Added all the averages don't know of any way to add the mtf, since there are more than 63 characters in the mtf call.

PS: For a basic (pre-colored) template, please see: Guppy MMA with RSI Levels Template.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, thomdel, josi, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah, Mundu19, kvak

Moving AveragesRe: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:06 pm GMMA Guppy Multiple Moving Averages with RSI Levels & (individual) MA Filters

Added all the averages don't know of any way to add the mtf, since there are more than 63 characters in the mtf call.
Guppy MMA with RSI Levels indicator template for MT4

Big thank you to Mrtools for the new Guppy MMA RSI Levels update.

Being a bit of an old school code I think this one's coloring options might confuse the newbies so I'll post a template with just Green & Purple lines and hopefully it might be possible to make the colors user friendly in future. Just like Mladen's Guassian Rainbow which had some user-friendly color options. Who knows?

Anyway, here's a straightforward MT4 template for the Guppy MMA with RSI Levels below.

PS: For a "standard" Guppy MMA template, please also see: Standard Guppy MA Template.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
太虚一毫, Forexlearner, Jedidiah, thomdel, Mundu19, vvFish
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance