Re: Stop Loss Style Indicators

josi wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:13 pm Thanks,
I like this indicator and its inputs
but then I compared it to a simple EMA20 and wondered:
which one is more tradable (in live trading)?
Personally i prefer the EMA20, If your not using a defined TP it actually does a good job at keeping you in the trend for longer. Just my opinion. What are your thoughts?
These users thanked the author Jon for the post (total 2):
josi, Skyold

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:13 am Hello my friends? all good? taking advantage of the fact that the highlight indicator of the day was based on Stoploss, is there a possibility of including the averages in this one?

great sunday everyone it's a very pip week for you all :)
Got this far for now, will add the rest later.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Chickenspicy, kvak, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, thomdel, Krunal Gajjar

Smoother Momentum Stops

From Mladen Rakic:

Momentum is usually used for trend or price change direction assessment.

This indicator changes that in some way. The stops are calculated using the smoother momentum and the direction of the stops is determined based on the smoother momentum.

Apart from direction of the trend, the stops levels are based on the value of the smoother momentum. The distance of the stop from the used average is calculated based on the value of the smoother momentum giving the stops more room when the market is very volatile and narrowing the stops in the ranging periods.

This is a mt4 version with all the averages and alerts.

These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 16):
kvak, andrei-1, thomdel, Jimmy, Chickenspicy, josi, RplusT, Krunal Gajjar, Meyney, Jedidiah, Mundu19, alexm, SijjiN, RodrigoRT7, talaate, Pepel

mrtools wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:11 am From Mladen Rakic:

Momentum is usually used for trend or price change direction assessment.

This indicator changes that in some way. The stops are calculated using the smoother momentum and the direction of the stops is determined based on the smoother momentum.

Apart from direction of the trend, the stops levels are based on the value of the smoother momentum. The distance of the stop from the used average is calculated based on the value of the smoother momentum giving the stops more room when the market is very volatile and narrowing the stops in the ranging periods.

This is a mt4 version with all the averages and alerts.
Just for information when I did a quick test using adxvma it wasn't working very well but it could of just been my settings, but not sure with other averages like g channel, etc.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
alexm

mrtools wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 am This is a atr stops version using a jurik smoothed Atr controlled by the atr period. Since it's faster and smoother than the regular Atr looks like you can increase the atr period somewhat and eliminate some bad trades.
Great idea. I won't use this indicator to confirm directional bias, I use other indicators for that. How do I remove the directional bias from the indicator and make the bands seem more symmetrical?

I plan to have 2 bands being the same color, each band is a jurik smoothed ATR, both the top and bottom bands are equidistant in terms of close price.

And the most important feature: the bands change color or show a dot when the price touches it. The idea is to adjust the ATR until all dots or color changes are gone. Thus in the future, your trades won't get stopped out prematurely.

Do you know of an indicator that does this, or could you modify this indicator to do that?

ethica wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:50 pm Great idea. I won't use this indicator to confirm directional bias, I use other indicators for that. How do I remove the directional bias from the indicator and make the bands seem more symmetrical?

I plan to have 2 bands being the same color, each band is a jurik smoothed ATR, both the top and bottom bands are equidistant in terms of close price.

And the most important feature: the bands change color or show a dot when the price touches it. The idea is to adjust the ATR until all dots or color changes are gone. Thus in the future, your trades won't get stopped out prematurely.

Do you know of an indicator that does this, or could you modify this indicator to do that?
Disregard, Adaptive Jurik Filter, an indicator I was already using may have this feature already so I will tinker with that first.

mrtools wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:48 pm Not sure how logical this is but changed the simple moving average smoothing to jurik smoothing with jurik double smoothing.
Hi Mr Tools, how are you? Sorry to come with so many insights at the same time in a short space of time.

but I think I found another gem among slightly older indicators.

This indicator with Jurik's smoothing is already incredible, but I would like to know if there is a possibility of using the Regularized EMA, FEMA and RMA through Lambda.

or of course, its excellent Avgs smoothing kit

I think it could be a good proposal for this indicator.

Thank you very much, my Top Tier list is only growing!

a big hug :D
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post (total 2):
galaxy, Jimmy

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:12 pm Hi Mr Tools, how are you? Sorry to come with so many insights at the same time in a short space of time.

but I think I found another gem among slightly older indicators.

This indicator with Jurik's smoothing is already incredible, but I would like to know if there is a possibility of using the Regularized EMA, FEMA and RMA through Lambda.

or of course, its excellent Avgs smoothing kit

I think it could be a good proposal for this indicator.

Thank you very much, my Top Tier list is only growing!

a big hug :D
Regularized Moving Average Standard Error Bands + Stops

Hi,

Made a version using the Regularized MA's, didn't have the jurik version so ended up making a new version, with mtf and alerts for now.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
kvak, RodrigoRT7, Jimmy, nbibu, josi, eduarescobar, 太虚一毫, talaate, ParallelNative