Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Found an interesting indicator on Tradingview, if it can be converted.
It plots HH/LL/LH/HL as histogram, pretty neat.

https://se.tradingview.com/script/KMVvr ... owest-Low/
Code: Select all

//@version=2
study("HH&LL") // highest high & lowest low
length=input(20)
ww=input(false,title="use adaptive OS/OB ?")
qq=input(true,title="use backround signal color?")
his=input(true,title="Show Histogram?")
useCurrentRes = input(true, title="Use Current Chart Resolution?")
resCustom = input(title="Use Different Timeframe? (Uncheck Box Above).", type=resolution, defval="D")
res = useCurrentRes ? period : resCustom
HHH =iff( high > high[1], (high - lowest( high, length )) /( highest( high, length ) - lowest( high, length ) ), 0 )
LLL = iff( low < low[1],( highest( low, length ) - low ) /( highest( low, length ) - lowest( low, length ) ), 0 )
HHSa = ema( HHH, length ) * 100
LLSa = ema( LLL, length ) * 100
HHS = security(tickerid, res,HHSa)
LLS= security(tickerid, res, LLSa)
aa=plot( HHS, "HHS" ,color=blue,transp=0)
bb=plot( LLS, "LLS" ,color=red,transp=0)
hln=input(60)
lln=input(10)
smo=input(50,"Bands Filter length")
hs=highest(max(HHS,LLS),50)
lw=lowest(min(LLS,HHS),50)
TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:15 am Adding in my +1 here. At 46 lines of what looks like straightforward code, it would be really cool if one of the resident coders on Forex-Station could port this indicator into MT4 format.
Think this is the first part of the code, done in mt5 by Mladen here
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
TransparentTrader

TE81950 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:48 am here is a great EA that we built a lot of features into it to make it profitable it has two order entry positions per signal and independent trailing stop loss and take profit levels with inverse strategy option along with each lot size and size multiplier with good day and time filter try it out it's very profitable with the right time and date filter.

The EA is based on HOTT_LOTT_005 (alerts) 1.12 indicator in order to use the EA you have to add it to your folder

hott lott (eAverages + BT) version 1.1 is recommended.

Is PCT = 0.6 ideal?
kvak wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:09 am HIGH and LOW Optimized Trend Tracker HOTT LOTT (update)

Hello. Added Range-weighted ema (ds) but for the rest of request, dont understand....

For the new Subwindow version please see here.

mrtools wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:17 pm Found an interesting indicator on Tradingview, if it can be converted.
It plots HH/LL/LH/HL as histogram, pretty neat.

https://se.tradingview.com/script/KMVvr ... owest-Low/
Code: Select all

//@version=2
study("HH&LL") // highest high & lowest low
length=input(20)
ww=input(false,title="use adaptive OS/OB ?")
qq=input(true,title="use backround signal color?")
his=input(true,title="Show Histogram?")
useCurrentRes = input(true, title="Use Current Chart Resolution?")
resCustom = input(title="Use Different Timeframe? (Uncheck Box Above).", type=resolution, defval="D")
res = useCurrentRes ? period : resCustom
HHH =iff( high > high[1], (high - lowest( high, length )) /( highest( high, length ) - lowest( high, length ) ), 0 )
LLL = iff( low < low[1],( highest( low, length ) - low ) /( highest( low, length ) - lowest( low, length ) ), 0 )
HHSa = ema( HHH, length ) * 100
LLSa = ema( LLL, length ) * 100
HHS = security(tickerid, res,HHSa)
LLS= security(tickerid, res, LLSa)
aa=plot( HHS, "HHS" ,color=blue,transp=0)
bb=plot( LLS, "LLS" ,color=red,transp=0)
hln=input(60)
lln=input(10)
smo=input(50,"Bands Filter length")
hs=highest(max(HHS,LLS),50)
lw=lowest(min(LLS,HHS),50)

Think this is the first part of the code, done in mt5 by Mladen here

Would there be any possible way to have this code ported into MT4?
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
Gethsemane

Shved Supply and Demand unique identifier request

mrtools wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:02 am From what I can tell don't see an easy way to add what you are looking for without recoding the complete indicator, it's very possible there is an easy way to do this but I am not seeing it.
Hi @mrtools :),

Okay, If it is not possible to add a button to the shved supply and demand indicator can you add a unique identifier option so that I'll be able to add more than one instance of the indicator?

Currently, it does not have it. The other supply indicator mentioned in my previous post allows that but I truly don't like the way it draws the zones on the chart i.e. either a solid zone or a line :D. The shved supply and demand indicator allows me to have various line styles (solid, line, dot, dash, etc.) which then gives me the option to see which TF's are represented on the chart (by the different line styles) without cluttering up the screen.

The additional benefit of the various line styles is that I will be able to see when there is a confluence of either supply or demand zones i.e. a 15min/30min zone (dot line style) within a 4H or daily zone (dash/solid line style) :)

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
RodrigoRT7
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT