MT4 audio alerts crash

Any idea how to fix this? If I get multiple audio alerts, at the same time, MT4 freezes and doesn't reopen. I have to run the compatibility tester or reinstall to get working. Would a sound card help? I bought the Restoro PC program because it fixed it once but it doesn't help anymore.

Re: MT4 audio alerts crash

Hatredy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:22 pm Any idea how to fix this? If I get multiple audio alerts, at the same time, MT4 freezes and doesn't reopen. I have to run the compatibility tester or reinstall to get working. Would a sound card help? I bought the Restoro PC program because it fixed it once but it doesn't help anymore.
not heard of anything like that before, usually freezing is caused by the indicator going into a loop rather than just the sound activation, presumably you have tried and it doesn't freeze if the alert is set to off.

Try all the usual tricks for mt4 freezing (it's old 32 bit tech)
In 'tools' > charts set both history amounts to min (5000).
See if you can reduce the indicator's count back bars.
Delete any unused indicators in the Navigator panel.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
andrei-1, Hatredy

Re: MT4 audio alerts crash

Hatredy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:22 pm Any idea how to fix this? If I get multiple audio alerts, at the same time, MT4 freezes and doesn't reopen. I have to run the compatibility tester or reinstall to get working. Would a sound card help? I bought the Restoro PC program because it fixed it once but it doesn't help anymore.
If you have the code available can maybe determine what is causing the problem.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Hatredy