Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Orbit freezing update

I am using the latest version of the EA.
The AutoRefresh indicator is not used because with the earlier version of the EA, I found that this did not prevent the EA from freezing. (So this suggests that there is likely either a probramming error or some kind of problem with an object or memory pointer getting changed or "lost".)

I have observed with the earlier EAs that it is confirmed frozen when a chart refuses to switch timeframes.

I am running on two computers, one with windows 10 and the other Windows 8.1.
They have MT4 running from different brokers, but the price feed is very similar, and the screen displays match nearly all the time. Occassionally, the faster-changing indicators, such as the Fractal Paterns for n-3n, are different.

Both were running overnight, and in the morning, the one on windows 10 was frozen, but the one on windows 8.1 was OK. Adding the EA to the chart again resulted in the display matching the display on the other computer.

Because I am not at the computer very often, I use the video screen recorder. But if the EA has frozen without knowing that it has, the video becomes of little value. I think that I can probably set up another application to trigger a timeframe change at a selected interval, so can at last determine in a video if/when a freeze has occurred.
These users thanked the author regit for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, Chickenspicy
The Crow hates eating crow, but serves himself nearly every day.

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

@regit best advice is to use the autorefresh - may not seem to work but it helps a hell of a lot and on the half bread principle I think it will help you. Reduce the load around Orbit usage as much as you can. Do not know that it will solve the problem but just saying what I do to try to cope. I set my autorefresh to 3 or sometimes 5 or at most 9. Seems to help a lot (i.e. get less hanging issues with it and also on my cash accounts - different servers obviously either help or worsen the problem in my experience). We got to manage until when I can get a final solution. Sorry about the hanging hassle.

(-_-)

PS: I really do not see that you need the video thing if you understand the entry post - it is written so that anyone even a person who has never traded gets it within a day and I do not believe therefore that stressing your system with video in terms of load is of any benefit. Please simply read that post on entries and you are good to go. The video may be a psychological prop but what the entries post does is to save you all that hassle of "haunting" for what does not exist - the entries post gives you the best that you can discover and also show you that it may be a huge waste of time if using the videos and snaps you were unable to "discover" the inverse on entries in the said post. Just my 2 cents
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
ImpLaNT, regit

@regit, my friend, believe me, no needs to record anything...
Please listen to the Master, look for attractors on the chart viewtopic.php?p=1295509501#p1295509501
and simply trade using the entry technique described by the master here viewtopic.php?p=1295509456#p1295509456
You don't need anything more on this stage...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, regit

Darkdoji wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:57 pm @regit best advice is to use the autorefresh - may not seem to work but it helps a hell of a lot and on the half bread principle I think it will help you. Reduce the load around Orbit usage as much as you can. Do not know that it will solve the problem but just saying what I do to try to cope. I set my autorefresh to 3 or sometimes 5 or at most 9. Seems to help a lot (i.e. get less hanging issues with it and also on my cash accounts - different servers obviously either help or worsen the problem in my experience). We got to manage until when I can get a final solution. Sorry about the hanging hassle.

(-_-)

PS: I really do not see that you need the video thing if you understand the entry post - it is written so that anyone even a person who has never traded gets it within a day and I do not believe therefore that stressing your system with video in terms of load is of any benefit. Please simply read that post on entries and you are good to go. The video may be a psychological prop but what the entries post does is to save you all that hassle of "haunting" for what does not exist - the entries post gives you the best that you can discover and also show you that it may be a huge waste of time if using the videos and snaps you were unable to "discover" the inverse on entries in the said post. Just my 2 cents
Thanks for the input.

As for the video capture application "stressing your system... in terms of load", I assure you, the application that I use has very litle impact on the system: It typically is using 0.2-0.4% of CPU and I have never seen it reach 1%. And it is continuously writing to disk (SSD) at the rate of 100KB/sec, which is also insignificant.

I have read the various "conditions", such as the entry options, that you have presented in postings and PDFs that explain various practical aspects that are valuable for trading, but it is not very useful for me in real time due to limited time at the computer. WIth the video, I can scan for an X-to-Y move and then play the video for that specific time interval and examine any or all of the indicators and look at where the system has progressed along the path to Y at each of the entry options: There may be specific advanages for entering using one method verus another and similarly, there may be some drawbacks of one versus another. It would not be practical for me currently to uncover this information through real time observation.
These users thanked the author regit for the post:
Darkdoji

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:14 pm Practic Lesson 01
Strange Attractors on the charts

The following pictures will show the attractors of different weight values (partitions) using the example of BTCUSD M30 price chart.

I think the point is clear. Any chart is always divided into a three-legged zigzag. Any zigzag of the senior partition consists of zigzags of the junior partition, etc... this is the fractality of the model. Moreover, all attractors (zigzags) have the same constraction, but always look different.

P.S... If you don't understand, ask questions...
Thanks for this post.

Although when I first started examing the relationships of the 3 degrees of the zigzags, I was looking to see if there was a consistent division of a larger degree by a smaller degree. I had initally also noted that as you stated above, " Any chart is always divided into a three-legged zigzag. Any zigzag of the senior partition consists of zigzags of the junior partition". However, with further checking, I found that this was not consistent. For example, below is a single level 2 (orange) that comprises 5 level 1 (aqua).

However, if point 3 is ignored due to it being a higher low than point 1, then that can also eliminate 4, which will indeed result in 1-2-3.
These users thanked the author regit for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, ImpLaNT

Just got a PM (would be nice to post here so I do not have to repeat myself and everyone can learn - there are no stupid questions in trading). The main issues I want to communicate as a result of this specific PM I got are:

a) I mention "ignore the arrows" - this means the fractal pattern arrows and no other arrows - fractal pattern has arrows and dots and I am saying ignore the arrows for judging directional change using fractal pattern I do not mean anything else.

b) The second point is to understand that everything is trial and error in the sense that you get to your comfort level by practice, observation and judgement. There is no sense in which anything command is a once-off. This is mainly because of what is called On/Off intermittency - in chaos math. So even when correct an indication may gyrate a bit On/Off like a faulty light bulb so it is a matter of observation and judgement. For instance fractal pattern comes on yes but do you have a pivot pointing in direction? Are you at a high/low? Where is the KSO reading - is it at some extreme - etc.

c) Outside of b there is no command possible that will not suffer On/Off intermittency as it is an intrinsic part of market behaviour.

(-_-)

PS: A cyclic trend is persistent so e.g. as with Gold now consider the cyclic trend e.g. a low in Gold at this time is likely to produce a higher high rather than reverse on any drop. Also we say a cyclic trend because every higher high has an associated higher low etc. A lot to keep in mind but Orbit the Tool reads the market and it does NOT change market behaviour. So you cannot substitute correct anticipations in the space.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
ItalianTrader, regit

regit wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:18 pm Thanks for this post.

Although when I first started examing the relationships of the 3 degrees of the zigzags, I was looking to see if there was a consistent division of a larger degree by a smaller degree. I had initally also noted that as you stated above, " Any chart is always divided into a three-legged zigzag. Any zigzag of the senior partition consists of zigzags of the junior partition". However, with further checking, I found that this was not consistent. For example, below is a single level 2 (orange) that comprises 5 level 1 (aqua).

However, if point 3 is ignored due to it being a higher low than point 1, then that can also eliminate 4, which will indeed result in 1-2-3.

In fact, you raised a very good question... Actually, if we look at your picture, we can see a 5-leg blue zigzag on it. But... we know from theory that there must be a triple pendulum. Why is this happening??
In fact, such moments once again confirm the chaotic nature of the market. This is chaos... But the zigzag indicator always has the constant period parameter, in this case 48. That is, we are trying to measure chaos, which is constantly changing using a regular roulette wheel. How can we hope that our measurements will be correct? Whatever the period of the zigzag, there will always be moments where it will make mistakes and there is no escape from this.
What to do? Try to look with our own eyes through the zigzags that the indicator draws for us, and if we see that the zigzag proposed by the indicator looks somehow very wrong, or has more than three legs, we must independently visually determine the correct marking based on our understanding of the attractor, which should firmly rooted in our heads.
Below I will give an example of a situation that is currently developing on bitcoin. Incorrect and correct marking of zigzags...

Attachments
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, regit

regit wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:18 pm Thanks for this post.
We do not directly use levels here and there are 5 weights in our scheme not 3 (referring to @regit here not @ImpLaNT who to my mind gets it). Good to look at things in the way we present them to gain our thinking. Please see Assessor Manual for that thinking. Also resolutions are complexed to infinity and it is sufficient most times to accept the broad view. What seems incomplete at some resolution is in fact complete at the next or lower than the next and no information is in fact lost. The presentation of the market (by Metaquotes), as a series of bars etc is not always helpful in evaluating a study in the mathematics of a single point in bounded complex space (you use your imagination a lot to form the desired picture). Further, the mathematics is topology which does not necessarily express as we see or understand "correctness." We are not in the "countable" realm. In a general sense (cannot stress this enough), sometimes the pristine in our desire is simply pedantic and adds no value to our cause. What is not a critical point to understanding behaviour and analysis or outcome is best treated as such - noncritical. Good to focus on the fact that in markets, everywhere we turn we see homoeomorphic transformations in progress and that is not in dispute. It is this result that takes us where we desire and nothing else.

(-_-)