Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Darkdoji wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 pm We are talking here of innumerable and very tiny discrete translations up and down in equally tiny time spans.
So are you saying that the quote values are merely a subset of the actual path that is traversed in chaotic space? And because the recursion function is continuous and the price quotes are, relatively speaking, large discrete steps, then it is essentially impossible that the "next value" that is calculated is going to match the next price quote? If that is the case, then yes, there is no practical use for actually calculating the next values as I posted earlier. The semaphores that mark significant bifurcation selections would be of practical use.
These users thanked the author regit for the post:
Darkdoji
The Crow hates eating crow, but serves himself nearly every day.

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

regit wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:31 pm How did you determine that those are 3n/4n saddles and not some other partitions such as 2n/3n or 5n/6n?
It's very simple. Partition numbers are nothing but the usual timeframes. Accordingly, n-9n is M1-MN. In the picture M30=4n you can see the top crown of the semaphore, also notice the Term Trades section which tells you that the 3n and 4n partitions are complete. Accordingly, you see a 4n attractor...

These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 3):
regit, ItalianTrader, Mundu19

Depends on you and ONLY you
One way to understand the Strange Attractor is as a behaviour of price. That is to say, there are 3 key parts to price behaviour in range at any scale in following its path or orbit. For instance;

Price point stop at low will move by:
i) An inversion high (rise to a high point)
ii) Rotation low (make a higher low)
iii) Spike Event (move higher to reach objective)

This means (now using Semaphores to clarify), e.g.
i) Black Arrow @ low will rise to a high (white Semaphore stop)
ii) White stop will fall to a higher low (another white stop)
iii) That white stop (higher low) will spike to a higher stop (black arrow high)
iv) The pattern follows an aperiodic cycle (e.g. the middle or "saddle" can occur near the begin point or leg of the move, in the middle or near the end or neck of the move.
v) The inverse is true (i.e. the same pattern is reversed when price is falling)

We are saying that this pattern describes a complete fracture (our unit of measure), and a move is not over until we can count the composite parts as complete (price behaviour evolves by persistent cyclic trends).
Naturally (and depending on market conditions), there will be various sizes of the complete pattern at the various scales (market window or time frame by which we view price action), and at various intervals of time (so the pattern exists across all time frames because the pattern repeats to "grow" or scale time frames from left to right (n - 9n), on the number line). Which is why we say [price does not trend] in the common sense of the word or in fact the practice in "technical" trading.
At the last stop in the pattern (for a given fracture) price will initialize to repeat the pattern (therefore the behaviour is recursive or repetitive).
This pattern is complexed to infinity (price evolves by this pattern across all resolutions including those not obvious to us - i.e. too small or too big for us to notice).

Reading the pattern by this system of pivoting at any scale tells a) where we are on the Strange Attractor and b) therefore where we go next depending of sign (+/-) of flow. This is one reason we use a system of differently weighted Semaphores so that we have black, white heads plus aqua, gold and magenta crowns. So for instance to analyse a current range I can go to 6n or H4 say " I see, we are at an inversion low of a negatively signed flow. So (scratching my head), so where next? Ah we go to a high stop to fall lower. Therefore, I have all the information to make my trade plan." So I am graduated by chaos from the fear and all the scarecrows the erstwhile "market experts" have instilled in me about something they clearly have no clue about. Because I now know how price moves and can use it - no news, no lies (scarecrows), no noise (ignorant market talk), because I know "I am the expert and in control." But things keep changing along this well defined path because of what in chaos mathematics is known as On/Off intermittency how do I keep my head? Oh I know Screenface that is what it is designed to do, to follow the same path or "Strange Attractor" to guide you, encourage you, inform you and assure you are OK on the path of price. So when you combine this reading of the system of Semaphores and the Screenface you are far less likely to go astray or quit too early in the move - reduced to the level of an unwilling scalper. For Orbit the Tool to lead you to wins move after move a) learn to read its system of Semaphores b) and follow the Screenface by THE PATTERN OR STRANGE ATTRACTOR. You are guided - by science.

(-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 5):
ImpLaNT, ItalianTrader, regit, RollerAndTrading, Mundu19

Today Live Trade + Others + Thoughts Probably the real deal is to always wait for the Strange attractor to "present" for taking the trades , as per the last instrunctions , taking the trades on high stops - pivots and waiting for n fractal change sometimes just won't be enough , while sometimes yes --> but probably it just depends on whether the strange attractor presented or not on higher Tfs , as we have learnt market is just a nested system of pivots.

Here are other's trade i took , following the high stop pivot + change in n fractal pattern, but apart from the first 2 (and not really both ), they weren't really in a strange attractor context ( at least seen in the tf i was operating with ) :

Yesterday trade - Before : -- After :
Especially there, the strange attractor pattern is clearly seen (EURUSD )

Here it is not really clear

Both trade were closed yesterday,

Here are some other trades i took 2 days ago :
In this context there's no strange attractor pattern ( at least seen in the tf) --> the trade didn't go in the down direction

Here, there is the strange attractor pattern ( the High is a bit hided by the button in the top left, but here it was perfect setup --> trade went in profit
In this particular trade, the strange attractor was indeed present at this smaller TF, + high pivot + n fractal change --> trade went in profit ( tp was at next pivot )
Strange attractor pattern clearly present, trade went at profit

Would really glad and thankful to hear others thoughts about the today's trade and on what following the strange attractor means to our trading.
I want to also encourage to post trades you do , so we may learn and improve to apply these notions in the market in practical way.

Thank you
These users thanked the author ItalianTrader for the post (total 6):
Jackson Doh, regit, Darkdoji, ImpLaNT, RollerAndTrading, Mundu19

ItalianTrader wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:49 pm Today Live Trade + Others + Thoughts

Probably the real deal is to always wait for the Strange attractor to "present" for taking the trades , as per the last instrunctions , taking the trades on high stops - pivots and waiting for n fractal change sometimes just won't be enough , while sometimes yes --> but probably it just depends on whether the strange attractor presented or not on higher Tfs , as we have learnt market is just a nested system of pivots.

Great Job - the Strange Attractor is always present from the first to the last point of the emergent fracture - it is the path of price always - but it is constructed as price evolves so the point is to master in your head what the pattern and stages mean in dynamic evolution and therefore what you expect now and ahead and in that sense track the Screenface to guide you on the evolution. As an Orbit trader you you interpolate price behaviour in range and like a top gunslinger you "shoot with your mind". You know the shape so you can tell I am at a low so this will be an inversion high (expectation), and you check with Screenface how the indications are stacking up given the expectation? Then you know and expect that after the initial strong move up you are in the "saddle" and you know what to expect in behaviour in the "saddle," so you positively expect it and respond as you decide, e.g. do I hold or exit? Do I trade the pullback or ignore it? Then you know there will be a spike event and you are working it out in your mind do I add to my earlier trade(s) or not? Always checking with Screenface that timing and expected direction are in step with your knowledge of the strange attractor. Everywhere Strange Attractors are forming across every market window as moves evolve but think about the time it will take to see the shape at all of say a rotation low at 9n resolution, i,e, the monthly. So you cannot wait to recognize the attractor - you see the shape only at the end and in history but you know ends by the equality of crowns. So when e.g. trading the 4n window (M30) you see a low starting with a crown low A(3) aqua expect an aqua stop at the high as well and if it is scaling beyond aqua it will displace to leave an aqua at the point of displacement to for instance progress to gold (4), etc the strange attractor is the behaviour of price and your knowledge of it is in your mind so you interpolate it (project the shape and behaviour) do not wait to see it. Soon you will trust your mind and what confirms it on Screenface. You are like a gunslinger no one gives you time you take the shot ahead of the next man to fall. You use your mind . The Strange Attractor must be an imprint on your mind the Screenface is your buddy in that sense. I hope I make sense or may be I got your point wrong - but I am trading as I do this so forgive me if so.

Cheers,

The Crow - inverted (_-_)

PS: Forget "technical" style obedience to trading instructions - it should not take you time to know that Orbit does not follow such step by step rules - the space is too fluid for such razz. But it does not also take you time to decide entries after your own sense of risk and comfort it is a matter of your personal comfort with how you wish to time entry - for instance there is no way you cannot time Synchrony in Cyclicality but if that is too slow for you use Synchrony in Fractal Patterns (that is fast enough). Relax the indications are calculated to the dot so it will not whipsaw if you a) decide your cues and b) practice entry by them.
ItalianTrader, regit, ImpLaNT, RollerAndTrading, Mundu19

ItalianTrader wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:49 pm Today Live Trade + Others + Thoughts
Just so I understand please let me know a) what to you is the strange attractor concept b) in terms of what you expect as you enter trades c) how do you think or what you expect to know to feel you are in the strange attractor concept? Thanks

The Crow (-_-)

PS: There is a screenshot you have with a parabolic run up which you sold at the top -------> just curious. Where you absent for the move up? Look at Fractal Patterns - look at the Synchrony there why did you not take that trade?
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
ItalianTrader

Darkdoji wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:01 pm Just so I understand please let me know a) what to you is the strange attractor concept b) in terms of what you expect as you enter trades c) how do you think or what you expect to know to feel you are in the strange attractor concept? Thanks

The Crow (-_-)
Hey Sam,
My understanding of the strange attractor is that, it is a "pattern" that repeats itself overtime and over different scales, so that if we recognize it , we can enter the trade at the middle " saddle " or "rotation high/low" and expect another spike move in our direction. To understand we are in a strange attractor context i would look if there is a pattern similar to the one you presented, then would look for changes in the screenface ( especially the n fractal pattern change) as a confirmation and then go for the trade.
That's how i approach it .
Regarding the screenshot, i don't understand which one you are referring to.. Could you please indicate it ?
Thank you.
These users thanked the author ItalianTrader for the post:
regit

ItalianTrader wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:45 pm Hey Sam,
My understanding of the strange attractor is that, it is a "pattern" that repeats itself overtime and over different scales, so that if we recognize it , we can enter the trade at the middle " saddle " or "rotation high/low" and expect another spike move in our direction. To understand we are in a strange attractor context i would look if there is a pattern similar to the one you presented, then would look for changes in the screenface ( especially the n fractal pattern change) as a confirmation and then go for the trade.
That's how i approach it .
Regarding the screenshot, i don't understand which one you are referring to.. Could you please indicate it ?
Thank you.
Yea boss I was right because my note addressed that notion directly did it not? A fractal is a single point that contains within it a map of its future (that is why the market is deterministic and why I respect Dow theory). Just like a person is first a seed and then follows a path to become a recognizable human being so too a fracture is first a seed before it patterns out. So I hope my note makes sense? Do not wait for it because it does not wait for you. You already have the map of any point occurring at a low or one at high (Extrema) in your head use what is in your head that is your advantage. However for moves that you meet ongoing that notion you have originally works since you can read the stage of a flow with the pattern. Otherwise interpolate the map in direction when you see a tradable point at low or high using the pattern. It is dynamics man not "heads and shoulders" - there is nothing academic about it. So I hope you understand just study the map, know its parts and keep that in mind always as you trade or look at anything trade and then look in history to see it is true so when you see a point trade the map in your head you already know its future and looking at screenface for support and confirmation. Below is the trade I meant.

The Crow (-_-)

I am sorry if I sound incredible sometimes - how do you trade a map? And trade it into the future? Well simply by learning the map so well that immediately you see a high crown well placed to fall you think a) inversion low - therefore me trading it when it is ready to move will take me to a low certain. b) What kind of low? Look to your left in history and check the weight of your Crown high to judge the possible distance. Then c) recall to remember that when it gets there if it is to go further it must make a rotation high (be ready for that event and plan for it), then d) if you see rotation high recall to remember that at its high stop is when it is really ready to fall and be prepared to act as such. I am sorry if my explanations and or expressions are not clear or do not carry you along but that is all I mean. Try it my way or that way and see - I am sure soon when you see a flow at any point you instinctively map it forward and think "what can I do with the potential price action"? Plus of course the certainty of the behaviour ahead gives you gusto and therefore confidence trading, and other things I am sure you will find trading and thinking in that way. And sure it is not usual so at first it looks and feels clumsy but only suggesting a way of trade management consistent with what we know of market behaviour. I hope I am not stressing you as you are really free to trade as you like and keep to that practice if it works for you.
Attachments
ItalianTrader, global, regit, RollerAndTrading, Mundu19