Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

josi wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm It is the only relevant approach to reality we know of.
Sadly: most people are in search of a master (read Lacan)
To be fair, he did have mathematical literature cited. I for one only believe in science. However if Orbit cannot be objectively tested (with a control group) outside of this thread's echo chamber, with results replicated through testing and with proper data gathering - it will be concluded that successful application of fractal geometry in the field of finance will remain an opinion - unsubstantiated.
These users thanked the author jullian29 for the post (total 4):
josi, Darkdoji, regit, WilliamB

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

regit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 pm I studied the information in that post and the Tutorial04.
What does chaos tell us? a) The market is unpredictable b) It then goes to show us how and why. c) Unless we setup with a mindset that excludes predictivity as a goal we lose our way. For example in compound interest we know numbers explicitly using a recurrence relation. Why? That system lives on the real number line and it is useful there not so much as a predictive tool but as a firm count of what parties should expect in payout and receipt at some future time point. For markets the similar function lives in topological space where the notion of relative nearness is in fact arbitrary. Secondly, from this we see that the recursive equation we are discussing is not valued for predictivity but more for the certainty of some quantifiable event (i.e. we are talking practical application now). So in markets we wish to know some low stop at a high in order to iterate an entry to the low stop of equal value in range. We are so inclined because we wish to gain the difference between the points for our pockets. The measure then required is one that at both ends confirm such a transition with certainty. So much like in compound interest we are not predicting anything in markets. Rather we seek exact information for business decision making. So 2 Semaphore points weighted the same does this to topological exactitude is the point made in discussion or example of the Strange Attractor and for each interval within that space (just as you would in compound interest know returns for intervening periods). I do not get where you get the idea of a predictive scheme based on a recursive equation from since as explained and especially in the business or economic context speculation is a very suspect and unusual behaviour. I hope we have an understanding.

(-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
Mundu19

jullian29 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:45 pm To be fair, he did have mathematical literature cited. I for one only believe in science. However if Orbit cannot be objectively tested (with a control group) outside of this thread's echo chamber, with results replicated through testing and with proper data gathering - it will be concluded that successful application of fractal geometry in the field of finance will remain an opinion - unsubstantiated.
Not sure a thread or forum in FS is a testing lab but of course we can send you a bill to make it one if you have that kind of action or you want me to pay for that too? Lets be reasonable when we sound out nice thoughts so that we are not merely grandstanding. It is not Ok to detract from the obvious intention by injecting spurious reasoning into the matter when we know that is not a) the stated intention or b) the practice anywhere.

(-_-)

josi wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm It is the only relevant approach to reality we know of.
Sadly: most people are in search of a master (read Lacan)
Read better literature relevant to the topic of the thread. This will be more practical.
Maybe this will allow you to understand that there is something other than the stupid intersection of two MAs...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
Darkdoji, josi

ItalianTrader wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:35 pm Thank you very much for your response,
So I assume if we seek certainty in the move, we need to wait for n-6n intraday partition coherence.
I've saw from WhiteDoji screenshots though, he would enter without waiting for the coherence also he put immediately the tp in the next farthest dotted Pivot point, reading the stretch moves very beforehand.
Another question is, i've seen in this new version that sometimes the Orbit Arrow would not be the same as the TT Arrow , is it regular or do you think it's pretty much an anomaly ?
Thanks once more for everything!
It is NOT a trading system no right or wrong within the bounds of the tool - the pilot is a happy flier used to the action based on experience so as you get comfortable you call your shots as you see fit. n-6n Synchrony is a safety measure good to start with, but there are different levels of Synchrony that work based on experience and expediency - again it is NOT a trading system. I will bring in more of his trading if you like but basically it is rare he loses with Orbit doing his thing his own way. But go at your pace and only based on what you feel comfortable with. The pilot is not flying for you but for himself and when you know him you know he loves trading and knows it by Orbit. Yes no problem with Orbit Arrow just moved it closer to home. Look, the idea is this Orbit is so good that it is not rules that make you succeed it is knowledge of market behaviour and how Orbit reads it. BTW: There is a third Doji the Wilddoji and his trades from what I have seen here so far following the pilots exhibition would be controversial.

(-_-)

PS: "reading the stretch moves very beforehand." Think why he can do that and do that consistently.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
ItalianTrader, Mundu19

Darkdoji wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:55 pm Not sure a thread or forum in FS is a testing lab but of course we can send you a bill to make it one if you have that kind of action or you want me to pay for that too? Lets be reasonable when we sound out nice thoughts so that we are not merely grandstanding. It is not Ok to detract from the obvious intention by injecting spurious reasoning into the matter when we know that is not a) the stated intention or b) the practice anywhere.

(-_-)
Will be journaling my trades with Orbit here on FS - titled "Orbit TESTED" and will be free of charge. Implementing your commands to the tee in hopes of replicating your 100/100 trades with annotated screenshots. There will only be one pair and only one broker to act as control. Account will be on demo - to separate emotion from trading. Chart will be renko because as you said Orbit has no regard with time frames.

I suggest a revision of the trading pdf on the first page since there have been a lot of addendums with your commands. I for one would be happy to offer my help with the revision.
These users thanked the author jullian29 for the post (total 4):
Darkdoji, ImpLaNT, regit, maroka

jullian29 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:25 pm Will be journaling my trades with Orbit here on FS - titled "Orbit TESTED" and will be free of charge. Implementing your commands to the tee in hopes of replicating your 100/100 trades with annotated screenshots. There will only be one pair and only one broker to act as control. Account will be on demo - to separate emotion from trading. Chart will be renko because as you said Orbit has no regard with time frames.

I suggest a revision of the trading pdf on the first page since there have been a lot of addendums with your commands. I for one would be happy to offer my help with the revision.
See how thoughts can go astray -------------------------------------> and bring a bad name to good? Orbit is correct 100/100 times is NOT the same thing as winning 100/100 trades each period (unless you are being cynical), people actually leave for the loo while trading and never get back on time to change poor luck. LOL#

The Crow (_-_)

Darkdoji wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:30 pm See how thoughts go astray -------------------------------------> and bring a bad name to good. Orbit is correct 100/100 times is NOT the same thing as winning 100/100 trades unless you are being cynical people actually leave for the loo while trading and never get back on time to change poor luck. LOL#

The Crow (_-_)
I mean to start with first out of a hundred, will trade Orbit 100 times (of course it will take a long while if only we can have Orbit on mobile mt4 - how about that cloud version - might be able to trade on the pooper).

I am dead serious with the pdf revision, there are parts of the Orbit that lack context (the colors for one, are confusing enough), symbols, text, etc. you mentioned that you want to be effective and efficient.

Darkdoji wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:19 pm It is NOT a trading system no right or wrong within the bounds of the tool - the pilot is a happy flier used to the action based on experience so as you get comfortable you call your shots as you see fit. n-6n Synchrony is a safety measure good to start with, but there are different levels of Synchrony that work based on experience and expediency - again it is NOT a trading system. I will bring in more of his trading if you like but basically it is rare he loses with Orbit doing his thing his own way. But go at your pace and only based on what you feel comfortable with. The pilot is not flying for you but for himself and when you know him you know he loves trading and knows it by Orbit. Yes no problem with Orbit Arrow just moved it closer to home. Look, the idea is this Orbit is so good that it is not rules that make you succeed it is knowledge of market behaviour and how Orbit reads it. BTW: There is a third Doji the Wilddoji and his trades from what I have seen here so far following the pilots exhibition would be controversial.

(-_-)

PS: "reading the stretch moves very beforehand." Think why he can do that and do that consistently.
Thank you for the response and clarifications
Yes, it would be great to see if possible also other trades ,so we may understand and learn better.
Thanks again
These users thanked the author ItalianTrader for the post:
Darkdoji