Re: No Nonsense Forex - Indicators

global wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 pm Can you please convert Linear Regression Candles.mq5 and UT Bot Arrows.mq5 to mq4? Thanks.
The linear regression candles i made awhile back, just not sure if these are the same.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
Chickenspicy, Centaur, sylvester21, RodrigoRT7, Akela

JCF Baux Volatility

https://in.tradingview.com/v/fSTqdHYh/
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

If you enjoy my work please hit the like button, to show some support.
All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.

Centaur wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 pm JCF Baux Volatility

https://in.tradingview.com/v/fSTqdHYh/
Correction on the minimum value of the depth period
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post:
KingSaviour
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.

Centaur wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:15 pm The Vortex reacts fast to minor movements in price action, whereas the Buy & Sell pressure indicator seems to resist some of these minor movements and acts only on intermediate to major movements. If the question is between the two which is a better indicator / calculation I'll say the Buy & Sell pressure indicator, then again this is very biased of me as the Vortex with the correct confirmation indicators can be very profitable. Not sure if this answers your question?

Thanks for sharing the Vortex TV code
This answers my question perfectly. Thanks again. A problem I commonly have from testing indicators is that very sensitivity you speak of. It often causes false signals and I find it especially frustrating with volume indicators. I think there’s something to be said about Buy and Sell pressure based calculations. This is something I’m going to research.

colorwind wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:42 am hi Centaur, can you please convert this to mq5. thank you.

https://www.tradingview.com/script/pH8s ... ndles-MTF/
To be honest I've had several request to make my indicators MTF, this is something I still need to change on my price calculation function, as OHLC data will no longer be retrieved from the OnCalculate function. Instead one will use the built-in "iopen; ihigh; ilow; iclose; ibarshift; itime" functions of mql5.

This is not very high-up on my list of things to do, currently. But I'll get to it eventually. Once done all my indicators will be MTF. If you are looking for a standard Heikin Ashi indicator, MT5 comes standard with this under the examples folder.
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

Centaur wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:27 pm To be honest I've had several request to make my indicators MTF, this is something I still need to change on my price calculation function, as OHLC data will no longer be retrieved from the OnCalculate function. Instead one will use the built-in "iopen; ihigh; ilow; iclose; ibarshift; itime" functions of mql5.

This is not very high-up on my list of things to do, currently. But I'll get to it eventually. Once done all my indicators will be MTF. If you are looking for a standard Heikin Ashi indicator, MT5 comes standard with this under the examples folder.
hi Centaur, NO MTF is fine for me for this indicator. The standard MT5 Heikin Ashi does not allow me to change the period. thanks.