Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Darkdoji wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:43 pm Would be nice to get opinions about this simple fact "no 2 cycles pattern the same EVER and regardless of scale," in Orbit this does not render information useless. But instead we apply concepts in kinematics in given topologies to obtain specific information that is useful for reading the path dependency of price. But think what it must mean for trying to form systems of indications. It would be nice to hear from @regit et al.

(-_-)
"no 2 cycles pattern the same EVER and regardless of scale,"
Without addressing the scale component, it is like saying there are many (infinite) pathways to get from school to home that include different actions (stop and play at the park, stop at the store, stop to pet a dog, ...). Even if you start from the same spot (school), it is not known which path you will actually take, so there can be no prediction of what will happen along the way and how long it will actually take. The one thing that is known: You WILL arrive home--every time.
These users thanked the author regit for the post (total 2):
ImpLaNT, Darkdoji
The Crow hates eating crow, but serves himself nearly every day.

Re: A New Trading Game (chaos game) Played for Money and Played in Risk- Free Space

Darkdoji wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:28 pm With respect to what I am saying here viewtopic.php?p=1295507593#p1295507593 below is the graphical expression of the same meaning. It is the math you keep in mind first and your experience is second. Your experience is from the behaviour of the screenface per move and is useful. But no 2 sequences or cycles is the same in chaos EVER so it is difficult to the point of impossibility to find an exact screenface sequence that will assure your fear of risk. The math says on Inverse a trade is zero risk. Take advantage of that. So place your confidence in the quality of the mathematics which we have shown you in formal math text (it is not me that said so it is mathematics that says a bijection has continuous inverse on). Your experience will bear this out each time. In "technical" analysis there is no such quality so the trader tries to guess the best combination of indicators that guaranties "high probability" trades (but note ultimately this is negated by the fact that in a chaotic system no 2 cycles are the same EVER). But Inverse On = the highest probability trade and is and of itself the only sure indication you can get. Of course being human one would want something "concrete" to assure him or her he is on the right track so it is fine to use snaps to try to identify such for yourself and generally just for psychological reasons but the quality is in math not what you try to work out since that can fail. But if you understand the math in slide 1 for instance you know that a certain function must fluctuate uncertainly in order to repeatedly fold since the system (market), must repeatedly fold to stretch. That does not imply risk but an inductive process that in the end follows through accordingly. It is simple is NOT a lack of quality it is because of the absolute certainty of the quality of the MATH - it is absolute and hence a deterministic system admits no randomness in its future states exactly as you see in Orbit.

(-_-)

I see in the example that in the Intensification phase, there is a Range High formed. Is it possible that after the Crown High, price simply makes semaphore highs that are only lower highs, and then finally reaches the new Crown Low? Or will there always be a Range High formed? If a Range High is always formed, then some of the price fluctuation can be avoided by waiting to enter the trade until the Range High is in place. And if that is the case, then if you have exposed the variables in the indicators, then a script could be written to enter a trade after the Range High is locked with a black arrow.
These users thanked the author regit for the post:
Darkdoji

regit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:22 am I see in the example that in the Intensification phase, there is a Range High formed. Is it possible that after the Crown High, price simply makes semaphore highs that are only lower highs, and then finally reaches the new Crown Low? Or will there always be a Range High formed? If a Range High is always formed, then some of the price fluctuation can be avoided by waiting to enter the trade until the Range High is in place. And if that is the case, then if you have exposed the variables in the indicators, then a script could be written to enter a trade after the Range High is locked with a black arrow.
It is for you to investigate the structures possible. Look at history and visualize the possibilities from your conclusions and let us know. History is of course very deceptive so also observe for a while live fluctuations and the pattern of price displacement to confirm your sense of possibilities. But basically any fall or rise define price cascades which by structure are equinumerous sets of points each time but not necessarily of the same weights in terms of semaphore heads per fracture but certainly the same pattern so you decide how your idea might play. But an investigation by you is to be encouraged and then may be you will let us know of what you think. But your example is great in that you are thinking beyond the given and that curiosity can only lead to greater understanding and eventually original contributions to expand the scope of what we know.
Cheers,

(-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, regit

Meyney wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:27 am Just a suggestion load a naked chart zoomed out with only the folding area's and draw/notice your own 'crowns/semafors/zigzags' at the extremes/stretching.
A fascinating picture. Very structured dressed up or not. A superb fit also with the MRI and clearly even naked is easily read as folding and stretching. The math describes the markets exactly. Am I wrong? It is amazing we have spent so many years trying a thousand and one different setups. This one looks natural and explains things simply but directly. Highly actionable. But only if you read to follow the pattern in defined topologies. Without exact timing and in correct topology you remain in risky space instead of risk free space.

The Crow (-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
Chickenspicy

Darkdoji wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:19 am It is for you to investigate the structures possible. Look at history and visualize the possibilities from your conclusions and let us know. History is of course very deceptive so also observe for a while live fluctuations and the pattern of price displacement to confirm your sense of possibilities. But basically any fall or rise define price cascades which by structure are equinumerous sets of points each time but not necessarily of the same weights in terms of semaphore heads per fracture but certainly the same pattern so you decide how your idea might play. But an investigation by you is to be encouraged and then may be you will let us know of what you think. But your example is great in that you are thinking beyond the given and that curiosity can only lead to greater understanding and eventually original contributions to expand the scope of what we know.
Cheers,

(-_-)
Due to the mean reversion that occurs between Crown Semaphores, I expect that there will be at least 1 Range High (or Range Low) rather than merely a series of lower highs (or higher lows). And I suspected a Range High (Range Low) would be marked with a black arrow, as well. But unless my indicators are not displaying correctly, the Range High (Range Low) does not have to have a black arrow.

I managed to get Orbit the Tool to run on two computers with different brokers, and see a very big difference in what the Tool displays.

regit wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:53 am "no 2 cycles pattern the same EVER and regardless of scale,"
Without addressing the scale component, it is like saying there are many (infinite) pathways to get from school to home that include different actions (stop and play at the park, stop at the store, stop to pet a dog, ...). Even if you start from the same spot (school), it is not known which path you will actually take, so there can be no prediction of what will happen along the way and how long it will actually take. The one thing that is known: You WILL arrive home--every time.
Very true and think of the so-called "death crosses", heads and shoulders, etc that consistently fail and ask yourself why? If you could find exact repetitions of fractures those would serve traders well in the area of so-called "price patterns" even when they are static and not dynamical (a huge drawback for that idea at all given the lateness of data that drives price in statics). But chaos assures that it will NEVER be that way. So the mathematical pattern is always the same but timing, duration, depth, etc and everything else that can vary does and so the notion or idea that you can find solutions in the sense of fixed repetitions of fractures is an illusion promoted by "technical" analysis because that approach has no clue about price dynamics and what drives price. This is why we use synchrony which while ultimately a "pattern" is only that in form and not in the details of any specific matching icons so that once the condition is met you know it is safe to trade without waiting to count how specifics match in terms of icons, etc. And so you can rely on that 100/100 times (noting however, that range and timing of the signal are not fixed and must be managed). This is one reason why Orbit is safe (risk-free on inverse on), and dependable each time. Much of what appears "logical" in trading but is not rooted in dynamics is false. But people cling to the wrong because they have not thought it through and also from habit.

(-_-)
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, regit

Darkdoji wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:25 pm Very true and think of the so-called "death crosses", heads and shoulders, etc that consistently fail and ask yourself why? If you could find exact repetitions of fractures those would serve traders well in the area of so-called "price patterns" even when they are static and not dynamical (a huge drawback for that idea at all given the lateness of data that drives price in statics). But chaos assures that it will NEVER be that way. So the mathematical pattern is always the same but timing, duration, depth, etc and everything else that can vary does and so the notion or idea that you can find solutions in the sense of fixed repetitions of fractures is an illusion promoted by "technical" analysis because that approach has no clue about price dynamics and what drives price. This is why we use synchrony which while ultimately a "pattern" is only that in form and not in the details of any specific matching icons so that once the condition is met you know it is safe to trade without waiting to count how specifics match in terms of icons, etc. And so you can rely on that 100/100 times (noting however, that range and timing of the signal are not fixed and must be managed). This is one reason why Orbit is safe (risk-free on inverse on), and dependable each time. Much of what appears "logical" in trading but is not rooted in dynamics is false. But people cling to the wrong because they have not thought it through and also from habit.

(-_-)
Much of what appears "logical" in trading but is not rooted in dynamics is false. But people cling to the wrong because they have not thought it through and also from habit.

But where is there any discussion or instruction about the dynamics that underpin trading? This thread dealing with the math based on chaos theory is the only one that I have found. And by nature, humans resist change. So most traders that have some kind of system that they are trading, whether profitable or not, are resistant to even considering making any subsantial changes to the system, let alone trying to grasp an entirely new concept.

I read in earlier posts that someone found display problems if he tried to have more than one chart with the Tool running. On my system, I found that running 3 charts with the Tool is not a problem. This enables me to view a currency pair triad to help in deciding the best pair of the triad to trade.

In addition, it has been stated that the View mode needs to be Full Screen. I found that is not necessary. As seen on these screen captures, the chart window simply needs to be adjusted to find the correct dimensions for proper display. I noted in the capture with the large grey arrow that this "bullseye" with the red dot (Singularity indicator) is actually a convenient alignment aid. Simply adjust the chart window width and height, and possibly the height of the panel that holds the Orbit EA, to get the red dot centered in the bullseye.

Below shows a chart not in Full Screen mode and the red dot not centered. Display is off a bit. .

Below shows a chart not in Full Screen mode with the red dot centered. Display is correct. .

Below shows a chart not in Full Screen mode that has been Maximized. The red dot is centered and the display is correct. .

Below is in Full Screen mode displaying 4 charts. Three are different currency pairs with Orbit theTool attached and the fourth is one of the pairs with my own template. Display is correct. .

NOTE: On the last capture, examine the cyclicality indicator on all three pairs. Typical traders would be using only one of these pairs for analysis and trading decision. For one pair, n-6n are all red, and the other two pairs n-6n are all green. So it appears that there are three pairs with good opportunities for trading, two in the same direction and one in the opposite direction. But actually, by evaluating the pair triad, the GBPUSD is the best of the three to consider trading (buy the pullbacks).

regit wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:32 am Much of what appears "logical" in trading but is not rooted in dynamics is false. But people cling to the wrong because they have not thought it through and also from habit.

But where is there any discussion or instruction about the dynamics that underpin trading? This thread dealing with the math based on chaos theory is the only one that I have found. And by nature, humans resist change. So most traders that have some kind of system that they are trading, whether profitable or not, are resistant to even considering making any subsantial changes to the system, let alone trying to grasp an entirely new concept.
You know there are no resources on chaos theory and fractal geometry applied to trading per se. I started off from first principles and developed the tool we can now use. When I say price dynamics I mean chaotic dynamics since the context is the same (some complex dynamical system with a singularity looping through space). So yes the dynamics is here https://www.complexity-explorables.org/ ... ic%20chaos. But in addition there is also my specific discovery of how price moves which is here: https://www.mathsisfun.com/sets/injecti ... ctive.html but of course it takes even wider reading than that to get the full hang and that is by googling up aspects. So anyone (such as may be you), who wishes more insight into price dynamics will have to go through the route I took. I could do a diagrammatic presentation but not much meat in that until and unless you have at least read and understood the first site and are able to connect it with the second then further readings expand your scope. You are going to need to visualize things a lot in terms of how what you read applies to markets. Until we have books on the topic for trading this is the best you can do since I am not going to write a book after the hassle of putting a model that works together. In any case I feel it is better to read the math directly.

(-_-)

PS: Also people a) waiting for the inverse on command and b) winning such trades each time may not care much for the specifics of price dynamics since they do not actually need it to directly trade just to understand why the trading works especially given the general trader attitude you suggest above.
These users thanked the author Darkdoji for the post:
regit