Re: No Nonsense Forex - Indicators

colorwind wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:21 am Hello Centaur:
can you please convert this from TradingView into mql5. thank you very much.

https://www.tradingview.com/script/srkc ... g-LuxAlgo/
Herewith as requested.

Out of interest, pine script is a much superior language as it automatically assume you make reference to the last calculated value of a defined series / array, something some pine script coders take for granted, and hence the really bad programming referencing. Case in point this indicator.

Let me know if you would prefer arrows, I always find arrows a faster / easier way of linking to an EA.
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post:
colorwind
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

If you enjoy my work please hit the like button, to show some support.
All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.

Centaur wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:23 am Herewith as requested.

Out of interest, pine script is a much superior language as it automatically assume you make reference to the last calculated value of a defined series / array, something some pine script coders take for granted, and hence the really bad programming referencing. Case in point this indicator.

Let me know if you would prefer arrows, I always find arrows a faster / easier way of linking to an EA.
Herewith corrected indicator, error picked up on setting 1;1;1;close
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post (total 2):
thomdel, colorwind
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

All comments, criticism, advise or general ideas are more than welcome. In fact its crucial to have a continues learning / developing mechanism not just for me but all fellow market enthusiasts.

colorwind wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am very nice, thank you Centaur for the great work, you also add all the different price options. Can you please add ARROWS.
Herewith as requested.
colorwind, Chickenspicy
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

Schaff Trend Cycle

https://in.tradingview.com/v/UkWZRgLG/
These users thanked the author Centaur for the post:
Chickenspicy
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

Didi Index

https://in.tradingview.com/v/HLMpIzEn/
Chickenspicy, mhipolito
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

Centaur wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:23 pm My pleasure, just a correction, the Vortex is a trademarked indicator by Etienne Botes and Douglas Siepman. The calculations shown was different calculations picked up for an indicator known as "buy sell pressure". The concept is pretty much the same.

Please share the TV version you implemented it on, for interest sake.
I apologize I missed your reply. I'll be sure to activate notifications. I found your version helpful to eliminate some of the choppier areas. Interesting note in your correction, however, using a calculation from the buy and sell pressure indicator? Does that imply that the when using such calculations the Vortex can become more of an indicator for open interest?
//@version=5
indicator(title = "Vortex Indicator", shorttitle="VI", format=format.price, precision=4, timeframe="", timeframe_gaps=true)
period_ = input.int(24, title="Length", minval=2)
VMP = math.sum( math.abs( high - low[1]), period_ )
VMM = math.sum( math.abs( low - high[1]), period_ )
STR = math.sum( ta.atr(1), period_ )
VIP = VMP / STR
VIM = VMM / STR
plot(VIP, title="VI +", color=#2962FF)
plot(VIM, title="VI -", color=#E91E63)

sheezey wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:41 pm I apologize I missed your reply. I'll be sure to activate notifications. I found your version helpful to eliminate some of the choppier areas. Interesting note in your correction, however, using a calculation from the buy and sell pressure indicator? Does that imply that the when using such calculations the Vortex can become more of an indicator for open interest?
//@version=5
indicator(title = "Vortex Indicator", shorttitle="VI", format=format.price, precision=4, timeframe="", timeframe_gaps=true)
period_ = input.int(24, title="Length", minval=2)
VMP = math.sum( math.abs( high - low[1]), period_ )
VMM = math.sum( math.abs( low - high[1]), period_ )
STR = math.sum( ta.atr(1), period_ )
VIP = VMP / STR
VIM = VMM / STR
plot(VIP, title="VI +", color=#2962FF)
plot(VIM, title="VI -", color=#E91E63)
The Vortex reacts fast to minor movements in price action, whereas the Buy & Sell pressure indicator seems to resist some of these minor movements and acts only on intermediate to major movements. If the question is between the two which is a better indicator / calculation I'll say the Buy & Sell pressure indicator, then again this is very biased of me as the Vortex with the correct confirmation indicators can be very profitable. Not sure if this answers your question?

Thanks for sharing the Vortex TV code
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò

global wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 pm Can you please convert Linear Regression Candles.mq5 and UT Bot Arrows.mq5 to mq4? Thanks.
Not sure if this will work but in the mt4 editor, create new custom indicator and copy paste the mt5 code into the newly created indicator, at the top just include the following statement: #property strict

I think mrtools will be the best to comment if this will work.
半人馬座
Bàn rénmǎzuò