Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:11 pm Interesting setup! Do you use the alignment of all 3 indicators to identify tops/bottoms in the market?
wow, thank you very much! I pay special attention to crosses of averages + jma zscore. That's the idea, because as I really like trading stocks and indices, we actually have a real value of supply and demand, "facilitating" the OBOS analysis a little. Xard eAverages is also included and the Half trend + Hilo oma Channel, I'm still working on the template. :D

obs: MFi its just for example :D

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:43 pm wow, thank you very much! I pay special attention to crosses of averages + jma zscore. That's the idea, because as I really like trading stocks and indices, we actually have a real value of supply and demand, "facilitating" the OBOS analysis a little. Xard eAverages is also included and the Half trend + Hilo oma Channel, I'm still working on the template. :D

obs: MFi its just for example :D

Seems like a viable idea. I noticed you talked about it here in the past. Would be cool to see if Z-score alone could be used for predicting tops/bottoms with the right settings.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
RodrigoRT7

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:01 am A Scary-Accurate, Super-Simple Non-Repainting Indicator For Identifying Market Tops & Bottoms In Real-Time?

mrtools, kvak, if you have the bandwidth to take this project on, there's something very interesting I discovered from the NinjaTrader vendor known as Ninza.

They JUST released a brand-new $169 indicator called "Multi-Osc OB/OS Overlap (Multiple-Oscillator Overbought/Oversold Overlap)"

From the description, it works in a very straightforward manner:

According to NinjaScript, the programming language for NinjaTrader 8, there are 5 dedicated signals:

• Signal_Detection: -1 = detection of overlap OB, 1 = detection of overlap OS, 0 = none
  • Signal_State: 1 = overlap OB, -1 = overlap OS, 0 = no overlap
  • Signal_StateMFI: 1 = overbought, -1 = oversold, 0 = middle
  • Signal_StateRSI: 1 = overbought, -1 = oversold, 0 = middle
  • Signal_StateStoch: 1 = overbought, -1 = oversold, 0 = middle

There are too many example pictures on the website to share, but take a look at how the indicator appears on a mean/median Renko chart and a normal candlestick chart:

The rows in the indicator for all four pictures are (from top to bottom) MFI, RSI, Stochastic

There are only two forms of hesitation I have with this indicator:

1) I would like to ask the folks at Ninza what indicator settings they used to generate their example pictures, but there's no guarantee they will be willing to share this information with someone who hasn't bought the indicator.
2) It will not have the same scary accuracy on traditional Renko charts as it does on median/mean Renko charts and other unorthodox Renko cahrts.

But I'm curious to find this out for myself, so my request would be the following: Given how simplistic this indicator is, is there any way we could make a version for MT4?

I imagine you would need the following inputs to make a viable clone:

• Settings that would allow you to individually edit the parameters of RSI, MFI, and Stochastic. Nothing complicated for now, just whatever default settings and inputs they come with on MT4
  • The ability to edit the threshold for the overbought/oversold zones INDIVIDUALLY for each indicator. As a basic example, the RSI would have overbought/oversold zones of 70/30, the Stochastic would have 80/20, and the MFI would have 90/10
  • Changing what color the indicator displays when all three indicators are in overbought/oversold zones, as evidenced in the last picture with the green and orange colors
  • Alerts for when the overbought/oversold threshold has been met for all 3 indicators
  • Not necessarily arrows, but some on-chart symbol that the overbought/oversold threshold has been met for all 3 indicators on a given candle
  • An interesting bonus feature would be to have the candles associated with all 3 indicators reaching overbought/oversold thresholds painted a different color (for example, red for all 3 indicators overbought and blue for all 3 indicators oversold)
  • I would ask for MTF/AHTF capabilities but I do not know if this would improve the accuracy/frequency of trading signals, let alone be of much use. Something to think about for the future.

Please let me know if this indicator request is reasonable in what is being asked. :)

I think it's a unique twist on 3 of the most commonly used indicators that can provide us with a valuable way of visually seeing where the market has headed and where it may go in the future!

Hi, I just had some time / to try it out - if it makes sense / so try and experiment with the settings...if you find the settings, we will also make arrows ..... Well, in my opinion, the combination of RSI, BB, MACD, STOCHASTIC and ATR is better for catching tops and bottoms in one... A thousand people, a thousand tastes :D Enjoy

I didn't try, I didn't set...
These users thanked the author Pucmola for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, TransparentTrader, LUCAS123, nbibu
learn to use the indicator first, then trade...
Betyx

Pucmola wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:40 pm
As overbought and oversold doesn't work as a trading concept (except in ranges), I changed your inputs around a bit.
I think, it may work now (albeit a bit late)
(Generally speaking: with the indicators you use, high indicator value equals high momentum and low indicator value equals low momentum - so a rising value CAN indicate a buy situation; a falling value CAN indicate a sell situation)
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Pucmola, Abdi

Pucmola wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:40 pm Hi, I just had some time / to try it out - if it makes sense / so try and experiment with the settings...if you find the settings, we will also make arrows ..... Well, in my opinion, the combination of RSI, BB, MACD, STOCHASTIC and ATR is better for catching tops and bottoms in one... A thousand people, a thousand tastes :D Enjoy

I didn't try, I didn't set...

Thanks for this quick workup, Pucmola! Here are the settings I attempted to experiment with on a US30 Renko chart, where each box is worth 5 points (ex. 30,000 -> 30,005):

And here's the resulting look:

Green line = oversold (get ready to buy), Red line = overbought (get ready to sell)

Very promising results so far given it's my very first test. But as with any overbought/oversold indicator or non-repainting top/bottom picking indicator, you need to know when you're getting faked out. You can see this with the four red lines in a row.

Therefore, this indicator needs to be paired with a reliable trend strength/direction indicator to know when to plow through the fake peaks. The indicator I'm using in the first subwindow is the Buy Sell Pressure (BSP) indicator using Fract's calculations and a 100-period EMA for both the buy pressure MA and the sell pressure MA.

And if you look closely at the BSP on my chart, you would have known not to get out prematurely.

Lots more to experiment with but I'm very happy with this initial result so far.

"Well, in my opinion, the combination of RSI, BB, MACD, STOCHASTIC and ATR is better for catching tops and bottoms in one"

Pucmola, could you show us how this combination works better with a visual example? If your formula ends up being superior to this one I would love to give it a look on my own charts.

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 pm Seems like a viable idea. I noticed you talked about it here in the past. Would be cool to see if Z-score alone could be used for predicting tops/bottoms with the right settings.
has a template with Zscore. I think it was in the period of 14 with a deviation/sign of 30. I love Z score, because my focus is on indices/stocks and they give a good bias of the market trend, it works well as a filter. :)