Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

TransparentTrader wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:52 pm "Relative Double Strength Index" (RDSI) by fikira

TradingView Link

Many thanks to any programmer who is able to take this small project on!
Relative Double Strength Index (RDSI) by fikira

Did this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Chickenspicy, TransparentTrader, Jedidiah, josi, iPar, ionone, ParallelNative, Jimmy, pritpal53

mrtools wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:10 am Did this version.

Thank you! I'm eager to test this out and see if it can have a unique application compared to how I am currently using the BSP.

If not, at the very least I'm sure it will be useful to somebody else in this forum.

EDIT: I noticed on the TradingView version, there is the option to select WMA (weighted moving average) as your moving average type. Is this same option available in your version?

Hello RSI pips.

I have heard that oscillator indicators like RSI have limits and that is the reason why they are showing divergence compared to price.

So, does it mean that we are not really seeing divergences but the inherent limitation of an indicator?

Please enlighten me especially the coders.

Thanks.

TransparentTrader wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:18 am Thank you! I'm eager to test this out and see if it can have a unique application compared to how I am currently using the BSP.

If not, at the very least I'm sure it will be useful to somebody else in this forum.

EDIT: I noticed on the TradingView version, there is the option to select WMA (weighted moving average) as your moving average type. Is this same option available in your version?
From my understanding the Lwma is the same as the Wma but to be honest not %100 sure.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
TransparentTrader

FoxFoxicle wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:17 pm Hello RSI pips.

I have heard that oscillator indicators like RSI have limits and that is the reason why they are showing divergence compared to price.

So, does it mean that we are not really seeing divergences but the inherent limitation of an indicator?

Please enlighten me especially the coders.

Thanks.
A lot of the time the computer doesn't see the divergence that our eyes see, guess our brains still rule over the computer sometimes.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
FoxFoxicle