Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mntiwana wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:33 am Angle of averages

Angle of Averages that can calculate angle of one of 20 types of Averages,in picture TMA and Tema

0 : SMA
1 : EMA

sorry this is my first post on this forum, so please forgive me if I didn't do everything correctly.

In my opinion, an error in the calculation should falsify the result for the Angle of Averages. For the calculation, the value of the MA and the values ​​of the ATR are set in relation. The ATR is also the X axis. Multiplying the ATR by the number of candles corrects the problem somewhat, but the correct factor for calculating the slope would be time, pixel width or something like that. Which reflects the second axis.

GerhardMTB wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:30 am sorry this is my first post on this forum, so please forgive me if I didn't do everything correctly.

In my opinion, an error in the calculation should falsify the result for the Angle of Averages. For the calculation, the value of the MA and the values ​​of the ATR are set in relation. The ATR is also the X axis. Multiplying the ATR by the number of candles corrects the problem somewhat, but the correct factor for calculating the slope would be time, pixel width or something like that. Which reflects the second axis.
Do you have any code samples on how to do this?

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:32 am Do you have any code samples on how to do this?
No Clean Code and Method. With coef i have to adjust the Angel to the current Zoom Value of the Chart. Did not found a dynamic value for zoom in and zoom Out. But if correct Value is set the Value correspond with the Angel Tool for MT4.

Code: Select all

extern double coef        = 15;

int start()
{
   int countedBars = IndicatorCounted();
      if(countedBars<0) return(-1);
      if(countedBars>0) countedBars--;
         int limit = MathMin(Bars-countedBars,Bars-1);
   for(int i=limit; i>=0; i--)
   {
      double angle  = 0.00;
      double price1 = iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaType,MaPrice,i);
      double price2 = iMA(NULL,0,MaPeriod,0,MaType,MaPrice,i+AngleBars);
      angle = hf(price1,iTime(NULL,0,i+AngleBars),price2,iTime(NULL,0,i));
         Buffer1[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
         Buffer2[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
         Buffer3[i] = angle;
         Buffer4[i] = angle;
            if (angle >  AngleLevel) { Buffer1[i] = angle; Buffer3[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;}
            if (angle < -AngleLevel) { Buffer2[i] = angle; Buffer3[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;}
   }
   return(0);
}

double hf (double pr1, int tm1, double pr2, int tm2)
{
  if (pr1 == pr2) return (0);
  int dg = -1;
  dg = (int) MathRound (MathArctan (MathAbs (pr1 - pr2)/Point/(tm1 - tm2)*coef)*180/Pi);
  if (pr2 < pr1) dg *= -1;
  return (dg);
}

Mntiwana's "Averages rainbow 1.04"

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jimmy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

kvak wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:16 am Here is PM request, candles in alligator... Candles is based on "lips" cross close of candle.
Maybe creator of this idea tell us how he is used.....
Thank you very much Kvak,

i was following a most simple alligator strategy with range bars.

rule was when green line crosses or seems above red line -buy and vice- versa.

to make it easy i looked for alligator average candles , alligator candles not found anywhere.

now it is perfect without staring on lines and With different average option have many possibilities.
i will test best setting that suite.

Many Many thanks .
These users thanked the author yoki for the post:
kvak

Greg82 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:23 pm Kanały średnich (Medium Channels) Dual Channels indicator
Dual Channels indicator

Requested file, two channels.....
And extended version
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 12):
Chickenspicy, josi, 太虚一毫, sylvester21, Jedidiah, iPar, thomdel, Jimmy, moey_dw, alexm, nathanvbasko, ujtrader

kvak wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:55 pm Dual Channels indicator

And extended version
MYSTERIOUS CHANNELS

These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 5):
kvak, Chickenspicy, Jimmy, sylvester21, Jedidiah
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

kvak wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:55 pm Dual Channels indicator

And extended version
I have an idea. Is it possible to code it such that price above both channels is bullish (any bullish colour) , price below both channels is bearish (any bearish colour) and price between the channels by any means is Grey (any neutral colour)

This can help in trend definition as well as sideways market definition too.

Then possibly and MTF addition.
These users thanked the author Knight for the post:
sylvester21