Re: OCN (Ocean Theory) based indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:08 am Don't have that code anymore but more than likely in that version the neutral color wasn't used and for some reason left if in the color choice, when it shouldn't be there.
had tested a few more indicators today where it was similar. Is it then in principle in trend indicators always possible to implement a neutral zone in the indicator or does that depend on the respective indicator. I have unfortunately from the coding at all no idea that's why I ask. I always find it extremely useful when the indicator can show a no-trading zone.

pail1217 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:05 am had tested a few more indicators today where it was similar. Is it then in principle in trend indicators always possible to implement a neutral zone in the indicator or does that depend on the respective indicator. I have unfortunately from the coding at all no idea that's why I ask. I always find it extremely useful when the indicator can show a no-trading zone.
Would say in all averages maybe except the adxma there is always movement enough to make it impossible to have a no-trading zone. The exception would be the filtered and step averages, which have some elongated periods of a flat section, yes think we could have a no-trading zone and on those indicators will try and add an option for that.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
pail1217, Skyold

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:43 am Would say in all averages maybe except the adxma there is always movement enough to make it impossible to have a no-trading zone. The exception would be the filtered and step averages, which have some elongated periods of a flat section, yes think we could have a no-trading zone and on those indicators will try and add an option for that.
Yes, I already thought of something like that. That's why the ADXvma is one of my favorites. But clearly, now as you have explained it to me, it is obvious that it requires another element such as volatility, momentum or any factor that makes it possible to decide between yes and no, while a moving average always has movement, no matter how small it is.

mntiwana wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:59 am ocn nmc2 (two-in-one)
ocn nmc2 (two-in-one)
(on/off) button

nmc = Natural Market Combo
ocn = Ocean Theory

Q&A: So how do you trade?
If both ocn nmc2 is above zero, then it's considered a short-term uptrend. Go Long.
vice versa.
If both ocn nmc2 is below zero, then it's considered a short-term downtrend. Go Short.

Best TimeFrame is M30 and above. M15 is still choppy.

Also, watch out for divergences.

Best to use with FTLM (hist + alerts + arrows) ahtf BT.mq4
post1295531312.html#p1295531312
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 2):
chris006, Jimmy

ocn nmc2 (two-in-one)
(multi-symbols)

nmc = Natural Market Combo
ocn = Ocean Theory

Now we can monitor a group.
If both AUDUSD & NZDUSD are above zero, then go Long.
If both EURUSD & GBPUSD are below zero, then go Short.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post:
Mickey Abi