Re: TradeHunters Ramblings of a Crazy Man

BOC held rates
I just got a call from my broker about an increase in margin requirements for gbp and jpy
I expect massive volatility to the upside as well as a positive correlation with the stock market.
me thinks they are actively trying to keep out the little guy
all this pointing to a .25 or 0 interest rate increase by the us, the end of tightening
jpy interest rate decision tonight
nfp tomorrow
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: TradeHunters Observations on the Forex Market

The NFA, the U.S. regulator for forex brokers, has decided to increase the minimum margin requirements on pairs including GBP, JPY and TRY. The increase in margin requirements for theses pairs will be applied to all IG accounts at 6am EST on Monday March 13th, 2023. The details of the increases to margin requirements are below.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including JPY will be increased from 2% to 5%.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including GBP will be increased from 3% to 5%.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including TRY will be increased from 12% to 25%.
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post:
Chickenspicy

Tradehunter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:49 am The NFA, the U.S. regulator for forex brokers, has decided to increase the minimum margin requirements on pairs including GBP, JPY and TRY. The increase in margin requirements for theses pairs will be applied to all IG accounts at 6am EST on Monday March 13th, 2023. The details of the increases to margin requirements are below.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including JPY will be increased from 2% to 5%.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including GBP will be increased from 3% to 5%.
The minimum margin requirement for all pairs including TRY will be increased from 12% to 25%.
Any idea why?
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Tradehunter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:54 am the excuse always is volatility but for many volatility is opportunity
my guess is we are going to see a massive move to the upside, but idk
or a crash and spike up in the stonk market which has been heavily correlated with the GBP lately

1 MILLION SPREAD
Attachments
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post:
Tradehunter
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters