Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

1337br wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:01 am Guys, I'm having great difficulties operating in m5, I've tested several versions but I'm still not winning and losing....

I would like to know for those who already have experience with this system, if the m15, m30 or h1 works better?
Hello,

Well you are not alone to struggle with the right timeframe setup. I started on M5 a few month ago, keeping a eye on the M30 to get the daily overall picture (on the same screen on my desktop 30' screen, on a a different tab on my Surface 8 tablet when I'm on the go), but I decided to switch to M15/H1, and things got better for me. M15 is still fast but less stressful, you have the time to think twice before entering a trade (on top of Xard's I double-check with a multi-timeframe ichimoku system on Tradingview, which is also easier and better than MT4 for drawing trendlines), and you will still get the big price moves of the day ; On M15 you also have less false signals (you avoid a lot of false breakouts if you wait for candle close, but not all of them of course). So I would advise to try it and decide if it suits your style...

Also a few more pieces of advice :
- Don't give up
- Try demo account first to make a few big mistakes, but not too long
- Switch to real money account with 200$
- It's better to focus only on one asset, with very few trades during the day (for me it's US30). Maybe later you'll check multiple assets when you get more experience.
- Set a mental stop for each trade, that you trigger on candle CLOSE
- At first avoid US market open, and big U.S dollar news, there is going to be chaos ! Maybe later you'll use them, scalping to get easy pips
- For position size you can calculate a precise risk per trade (depending on stop pips number,...) , but I now prefer to have always the same size every trade (at the end of the day it will be roughly the same, with less headaches)
- For US30, start small with 0,02 lots per 200$ per trade (-> aim for 2% gain per day, which is enough to make you a millionaire within 2 years), then work your way up to 0,1 per 200$ aiming for 10% gain per day (in a recent post Xard said to START SMALL WITH 0,1 lot per 200$ (!!!), but this man is... different). Of course you can work you way up only if you start to get consistent gains, otherwise you're just going to increase your losses. And even then you have to remain comfortable with the drawdowns, this is of most importance !
- When you double your account to 400$, then add 400$ and now you're trading with 800$. At 1600$ you repeat, etc... That way you take the time to build your confidence, without waiting years before earning big money...
- Remember Xard's system is a trend following system, don't try to catch tops or bottoms. This was a huge thing for me, that I got rid of a few weeks ago. I couldn't help it, and I was a looser because of that. Most people underestimate how far a trend is going to go, don't try to outsmart the market, just follow the trend. Just pick up a Xard version that you like (for me it's v39 last update), follow the signals, try to avoid false breakouts, and you'll be profitable.

(Humble advice from a beginner... I started forex one year ago, on demo account until last november, then I was fluctuating between 180$ and 210$ until january, now my account is approaching 300$, and I'm trying 0,06 lots per 200$ position size, working my way up and taking my time, forex is not a sprint).

Best regards

PS : This is my first post on Forex-Station, so of course : thank you Xard, Kwak, Four-XXX, and everyone else...
These users thanked the author Logan.Dale for the post (total 9):
victortrend, Jedidiah, 1337br, DaveTrader, YJEY, waal69, Erebøs_X, saishala, TradeXtra

Logan.Dale wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 pm Hello,

Well you are not alone to struggle with the right timeframe setup. I started on M5 a few month ago, keeping a eye on the M30 to get the daily overall picture (on the same screen on my desktop 30' screen, on a a different tab on my Surface 8 tablet when I'm on the go), but I decided to switch to M15/H1, and things got better for me. M15 is still fast but less stressful, you have the time to think twice before entering into a trade (on top of Xard's I double-check with a multi-timeframe ichimoku system on Tradingview, which is also easier and better than MT4 for drawing trendlines), and you will still get the big price moves of the day ; On M15 you also have less false signals (you avoid a lot of false breakouts if you wait for candle close, but not all of them of course). So I would advise to try it and decide if it suits your style...

- Don't give up
- It's better to focus only on one asset, with very few trades during the day (for me it's US30). Maybe later you'll check multiple assets when you get more experience.
- At first avoid US market open, and big U.S dollar news, there is going to be chaos ! Maybe later you'll use them, scalping to get easy pips
- For position size you can calculate a precise risk per trade (depending on stop pips number,...) , but I now prefer to have always the same size every trade (at the end of the day it will be roughly the same, with less headaches)
- For US30, start small with 0,02 lots per 200$ per trade (-> aim for 2% gain per day, which is enough to make you a millionaire within 2 years), then work your way up to 0,1 per 200$ aiming for 10% gain per day (in a recent post Xard said to STAR SMALL WITH 0,1 lot per 200$ (!!!), but this man is... different). Of course you can work you way up only if you start to get consistent gains, otherwise you're just going to increase your losses. And even then you have to remain comfortable with the drawdowns, this is of most importance !
- When you double your account to 400$, then add 400$ and now you're trading with 800$. At 1600$ you repeat, etc... That way you take the time to build your confidence, without waiting years before earning big money...
- Remember Xard's system is a trend following system, don't try to catch tops or bottoms. This was a huge thing for me, that I got rid of a few weeks ago. I couldn't help it, and I was a looser because of that. Most people underestimate how far a trend is going to go, don't try to outsmart the market, just follow the trend. Just pick up a Xard version that you like (for me it's v39 last update), follow the signals, try to avoid false breakouts, and you'll be profitable.

(Humble advice from a beginner... I started forex one year ago, on demo account until last november, then I was fluctuating between 180$ and 210$ until january, now my account is approaching 300$, and I'm trying 0,06 lots per 200$ position size, working my way up and taking my time, forex is not a sprint).

Best regards

PS : This is my first post on Forex-Station, so of course : thank you Xard, Kwak, Four-XXX, and everyone else...
Great first post!! Very good advice, really. It is true that in (30m/5m) I usually eat many false signs and I get a little desperate. I am going to test its temporality of time (1H/15m) to see how it is.

Do you always wait for a second point in 15m? And how many pips do you usually look for as a target? Ratio 1:1 ?

All the best.

victortrend wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:45 pm Great first post!! Very good advice, really. It is true that in (30m/5m) I usually eat many false signs and I get a little desperate. I am going to test its temporality of time (1H/15m) to see how it is.

Do you always wait for a second point in 15m? And how many pips do you usually look for as a target? Ratio 1:1 ?

All the best.
Well this would be a very long 2nd post if I explain everything right now... I won't do it today because I'm still in a beginner stage, putting everything together. I will contribute and tell everybody my method with Xard's system, but not until I reach 1600$ or 6400$ or more...

Nevertheless I'm going to answer the best I can without being too long :

I sometimes use the second dot, but not always. A second dot followed by a trend resuming means quite a safe trade, but it doesn't happen everyday on US30/M15, so I sometimes need to trade in other way (but for the time being, always in trend following). So I can choose to trend with a breakout after a pause in the trend (same way as a second dot trade, but without the need for a second dot) this is useful in a strong trade, like yesterday (picture below) :

This is an example, but once again I'm not the most experienced trader on this thread. Nevertheless I'm going to post some trades good AND bad in the future (I just noticed there is another thread for that). I did my homework and read the 1313 pages of this thread, and one thing I dislike is that a lot of people here tell about their 20% daily gains, but never show a picture like the one below... It doesn't help beginners like me ! (well I have been trading cryptocurrencies for a few years, only in bull markets, but intraday forex is another thing, I really feel like a beginner here).

This picture allows me to answer other parts of your question :

- I take a trade if Xard v39 tell me I can (like "M15 Down Trend - Sells Only") AND if it's the same on H1 (or sometimes neutral on H1 "No trend - Waiting...") but it's more risky). I try to wait for a pullback and then enter when the trend resumes. If there has been a long price consolidation I can also enter when there is a breakout.
- I'm watching trend lines, and ichimoku to check if there is no close resistance/support on the way of the price and the lagging span. I'm watching H4, D, W and M ichimoku. H1 ichimoku is useless, price crosses it too easily within the day. Of course also you have to watch for daily/weekly/monthly open/high/low.
- My exit point uses the same method, trend lines, ichimoku H4, D, W, M and open/high/low to find where I'm going to exit, if things go right.
- Basically I use Xard to know where to get in, and the previous point to decide where to get out

Best regards
Attachments
These users thanked the author Logan.Dale for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, YJEY

victortrend wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:45 pm Great first post!! Very good advice, really. It is true that in (30m/5m) I usually eat many false signs and I get a little desperate. I am going to test its temporality of time (1H/15m) to see how it is.

All the best.
a curiosity? when you say 1H and 15, for example yesterday pm it follows the sell signal 1h , but nothing on the 15th so I don't trade right? Or I'm missing something on the chart that gives me the 15M signal thanks

Logan.Dale wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:53 pm Hello,

Well you are not alone to struggle with the right timeframe setup. I started on M5 a few month ago, keeping a eye on the M30 to get the daily overall picture (on the same screen on my desktop 30' screen, on a a different tab on my Surface 8 tablet when I'm on the go), but I decided to switch to M15/H1, and things got better for me. M15 is still fast but less stressful, you have the time to think twice before entering a trade (on top of Xard's I double-check with a multi-timeframe ichimoku system on Tradingview, which is also easier and better than MT4 for drawing trendlines), and you will still get the big price moves of the day ; On M15 you also have less false signals (you avoid a lot of false breakouts if you wait for candle close, but not all of them of course). So I would advise to try it and decide if it suits your style...

- Don't give up
- For US30, start small with 0,02 lots per 200$ per trade (-> aim for 2% gain per day, which is enough to make you a millionaire within 2 years), then work your way up to 0,1 per 200$ aiming for 10% gain per day (in a recent post Xard said to START SMALL WITH 0,1 lot per 200$ (!!!), but this man is... different). Of course you can work you way up only if you start to get consistent gains, otherwise you're just going to increase your losses. And even then you have to remain comfortable with the drawdowns, this is of most importance !

Best regards

Friend, I thank you for your attention from the bottom of my heart, few people have the desire to help
those who say they have the best results don't have that will.....

I will follow your advice and trade only us30 they had already told me that but I was stubborn for forex because I had more opportunities

I've been writing here for a while trying to simplify my operation as much as possible, although the system seems simple there are many things on the screen

So let's simplify as much as possible.
1) look at a higher timeframe, which must be written buy only or sell only (h1 to m15) if it is not written, we should not even start the trade.

2) after checking a larger chart, we have the example of only sales in the h1 period, so the first check is correct...

3) open the chart at m15 and we will only think about sales, looking for red points of sales and then confirming the change in the color of the candles and the crossings...

I think that would be the basics of the basics, correct?

doubts...

thanks for the tip about not trading exactly at opening time, here where i live ny opens at 9 am and i was already looking for trades at that time, now i'm going to wait some time before starting.

I still have some confusion and doubts about the points, should we just see the big arrow or big reversal signal on bigger chart time? or also need to search in smaller?

about the second point is it necessary to find it in a higher or lower graphic time?

thank you so much for posting pics it helps a lot please keep posting pics and explaining, visualizing and something easier

God bless you
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post:
saishala