Re: MA Crosses

Oh yeah.
I think I understand now the question.
Clearly, you wonder how I manage to find when the trend ends, or where is the optimal exit point ?

The answer is very simple 🤣 I don't know exactly when to exit, BUT
I follow one rule :
#1 : ALWAYS close inside the jackpot area (my blue zones in my charts)

And I'm also able to make a difference between a small trend and a big trend.

The difference is only about when you are entering the market. Indeed, the beginning of a big trend can be detected in the 1 minute time frame, when EMA 8, EMA 21, EMA 55 are aligned and both have crossed EMA 200.

How I know that ? After a lot of testing. EMA 200 in the 1 minute time frame is EMA 13 in the 15 minute time frame.
That said, if you plot an EMA 13 in M15, you'll understand very quick where are the big trends.

So, back to M1. This is another rule : if the four mentioned EMAS are only starting the alignment, I can consider it's the beginning of a big trend, and use EMA 200 as a trailing stop.
If the alignment is already set, then I will be careful, and use the EMA 13 as a trailing stop.

What a paragraph! 😁

This is the only Way for me to catch the big trends, as they show twice per day when we are lucky.

I'll show you some pictures on the next message.
These users thanked the author mikryx for the post (total 2):
sylvester21, Chickenspicy

mikryx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:44 am Oh yeah.
I think I understand now the question.
Clearly, you wonder how I manage to find when the trend ends, or where is the optimal exit point ?

The answer is very simple 🤣 I don't know exactly when to exit, BUT
I follow one rule :
#1 : ALWAYS close inside the jackpot area (my blue zones in my charts)

And I'm also able to make a difference between a small trend and a big trend.

The difference is only about when you are entering the market. Indeed, the beginning of a big trend can be detected in the 1 minute time frame, when EMA 8, EMA 21, EMA 55 are aligned and both have crossed EMA 200.

How I know that ? After a lot of testing. EMA 200 in the 1 minute time frame is EMA 13 in the 15 minute time frame.
That said, if you plot an EMA 13 in M15, you'll understand very quick where are the big trends.

So, back to M1. This is another rule : if the four mentioned EMAS are only starting the alignment, I can consider it's the beginning of a big trend, and use EMA 200 as a trailing stop.
If the alignment is already set, then I will be careful, and use the EMA 13 as a trailing stop.

What a paragraph! 😁

This is the only Way for me to catch the big trends, as they show twice per day when we are lucky.

I'll show you some pictures on the next message.
Dear Milkryx, wow... Thank you so much for the information on the EMAs. Indeed crossovers are useful.

May I suggest to you , maybe you can do further experimentation on all the other MAs (I believe there are total 70++ MAs) in the averages pack by both MrTools and Kvak.

The possible combination are endless.

Anyway, looking forward to your picture breakdown of the step by step crossover strategy you have. I would like to try it on indexes.
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post:
mikryx

sylvester21 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:37 am Dear Milkryx, wow... Thank you so much for the information on the EMAs. Indeed crossovers are useful.

May I suggest to you , maybe you can do further experimentation on all the other MAs (I believe there are total 70++ MAs) in the averages pack by both MrTools and Kvak.

The possible combination are endless.

Anyway, looking forward to your picture breakdown of the step by step crossover strategy you have. I would like to try it on indexes.
As you like indexes, here you'll find another example from HKG50. I've put circles to help you understand more how I draw the pink horizontal lines.
I use the highest high from the last uptrend (blue according to the indicator) and the lowest low from the last downtrend (pink according to the indicator)
Chickenspicy, sylvester21

chickensword wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:51 pm Rockstar has ricochet , speed tick, obos
All together by the looks of it
Just no volume churn and curl
Looks like a super tool to me no better order flow tool probaly out there
Yes my friend,
I've also seen one youtuber who spams with his ads, about an order flow. Neerav if you already know him.
But sincerely, you're right, volume matters when it come to find the last candle of a trend
sylvester21, Chickenspicy

mikryx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:09 pm EMA 13 was the best trailing stop for this case

Dear Milkryx thank you. May I suggest to you for 2 exit indicators which I use :
Standard Error stops
ATR stops

You can set the lines to hug along the candles as close as possible (depending on your appetite for risk), and once stops ended, exit immediately. That's my personal preference for exits
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, mikryx

mikryx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:12 pm Yes my friend,
I've also seen one youtuber who spams with his ads, about an order flow. Neerav if you already know him.
But sincerely, you're right, volume matters when it come to find the last candle of a trend
Neerav from g7fx? I watched his training materials before. It's good, and he certainly brought another dimension for institutional trading.

However, his method requires usage of Sierra Charts, which we need to subscribe monthly to. Not exactly expensive but not cheap either.
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post (total 2):
mikryx, Chickenspicy