Re: Looking forward to mrtools teacher writing Sidus EA

This simple strategy looks great, thanks for sharing
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Added all the averages, prices, and rsi's with a bunch of filter options, going to need a lot of testing and sharing results here.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
saishala, Greg82, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7

mrtools wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 am Added all the averages, prices, and rsi's with a bunch of filter options, going to need a lot of testing and sharing results here.
A lot of combat testing is required. :thumbup:

My initial thoughts:

1. For example, use 70, 30, RSI period 13, trade 5 minutes of foreign exchange. It sends signals per day, between 2-4. Initially, there is no stop loss (or a large number that will hardly be triggered, such as 8000), only take profit.

2. If the first signal takes profit, of course it is good.

3. If the first signal loses, then the second signal in the opposite direction appears and places an order, and it is possible to turn the loss into a win.

4. If the above 3 items are still losses, and the third opposite direction signal appears and the order is placed, or even the fourth opposite direction signal appears and the order is placed, it will generally make money every day.

5. If the EA sets a "loss markup" strategy, such as referring to the martingale markup technique, the profit of the next signal in the opposite direction minus the loss of the previous signal can almost make money.

6. If you use the above strategies to trade varieties with much less volatility than foreign exchange (that is, varieties that are not affected by non-agricultural and interest rate meetings, and do not suddenly rise and fall), it is almost the holy grail.

In my thinking, I don't approve of high-frequency trading (i.e., frequent trading dozens of times a day) or the original martingale's unlimited approach to adding positions. Because of unlimited position addition, the principal is limited, and sooner or later it will burst the position.

I still don't understand the "loss increase" strategy in the teacher's EA. Test slowly.

The merit is immeasurable!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:58 am Added all the averages, prices, and rsi's with a bunch of filter options, going to need a lot of testing and sharing results here.
Could become the best free ea
Liquidity provider assistant
Attachments
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

At the moment, it is running normally and can place orders according to the signal (first order). Now, waiting for the opposite direction signal to appear and then place the order in the opposite direction.

1.This information screen is expected to be placed on the right side of the computer display by the teacher. :thumbup:

2.Can be added: After automatically placing an order, alarm is alarmed.
Attachments
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

indrayugi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:03 pm Hi mrtools, i have problem with the EA, why always BUY when the down arrow appears. what is wrong with my setting?

This is what i am getting now, took me about 4 tries to match the indicator with the EA settings, but looks to me even though it is getting slaughtered :cry: right now, looks like it is trading according to the arrows. think we have a good thing in work, but the age-old problem of the ranging market is killing it.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Chickenspicy